Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: girder webserver

Default girder webserver

think web sever is the best way to access to girder library ( http support wifi and so all data type : voice ,text, raster ...) but have many questions even read some girder documentation.

1) see configuration of http protocol/Security is made using Webserver window from girder software . Does girder use IIS server functionnality or a subset ? .

2) Does girder support that a virtual directory link to C:\Program Files\Promixis\Girder\httpd\ is define in IIS configuration tool ?

3) in a way wanted to know if all lua API could be calll from custom web client using IIS server ( i have IIS 5.1 server that can be install with xp pro version )

4) think after at this time girder lua object API are not accessible from a standart IIS webserver but only trough girder software . Someone could confirm i am in the true ?

5) in girder web server ; does girder API could be call using another language than lua and "lua girder object API" . I think about asp page using C#language to call "girder API" . my question is to know if girder API could be call easely in the IIS side for being rendering in the client side ?

6) does someone already implement girder web page to have a html remote that control a local media/home software ? in a way netremote NetRemote Music already do that with mediabridge plugin ( include in NetRemote-Music and NetRemote-Pro ) for control some window software ( media or home player).

http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?a...reviews&id=544

thank's

I use girder 4 to control not only a media center but my complete home via a web interface. This web interface is built on girder web server plugin and provides the user interface for controlling via tv/remote, pcbrowser at home and from internet. A gui for PDAs is in planning. Take a visit of my homepage, which is in german language.

Your hopme page seems to be very interesting, the only promlem with it is that it is in German...

the site is very interesting when have a look to images . it show that girder is powerfull when have some skill in electronic and programming controller device .
    even think mhund is a C++/Assembler professionnal ?, the result is very nice . Hope we have in the future a way to easely use ( without programming ) many devices that use differents protocols !

Thanks for confidence. I have never left the "Hello Word" state in C++ or assembler. My complete home center is done with girder, its plugins and event.exe. Especially the user interface is built with LUA (server side scripting) and javascript/ajax for the GUI. Nothing else.

so all have be made using "standart" device without low level programming !! : i must admit that girder and lua are really powerfull tool .

Yes - indeed. You need just one other thing: time ;-)

1- i am an unauthorized people to connect / test your website !!

2- did you use imagemap for go to room ?
    i find that manifold gis can generate imagemap from autocad ( dxf) house plan with the script post in the manifold gis post forum. think it a best interface to manage device in a house .

3-which tool do you use to test client side ( ajax=(dom+javascript +html)); see frontpage that is a pro software .

thank's

1.: What do you mean with "unauthorized"? The personal area of the website is only available with username/password. There is a public demo of the HomeCenter user inteface and secondly the real life switch for the one light at my wardrobe which can be used from public without authentication. Feel free to play with it.

2. The room plan is not an image map. it is a set of many images (one per each device and the plan itself) which are positioned with absolut coordinates using cascaded stylesheets. image maps would be to inflexible because the single devices in the plan can change its look and this cannot be done with one master image with a map.

3. I have no tool to test the client side. I use an standard text editor for writing lua/javascript/HTML (notepad++) and I use Internet Explorer and firefox browser to test the site; especially I find the DOM inspectors helpfull for debugging. To check memory leaks I use a freeware tool named "drip.exe" which is a small application that includes an internet explorer control and displays the memory usage of the ie-control. As you may know internet explorer (as others too) is very wastefull with memory and a user interface running in ie for several hours may disable the pc at the end.

Does this answer your questions?
    Last edited by mhund; April 6th, 2008 at 06:40 PM.

1- think i go to the wrong page because couldn't control nothing so ll try to go to wardrobe.

2- ok ll habe to go in your html source code to see that

3- thank's a lot for giving all the name of the tool your find usefull.

yes i like people who share their knowlegde. it is all the time very instructive.
    hope it ll help also other people to go to girder webserver.
    thank's a lot for all the informations you give.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast