Thread: using cm11 commands from web interface

Default using cm11 commands from web interface

Hi,

I'm new around here and new to the technology and to Girder as well, so please pardon me if this is a stupid question.

I'm trying to control Girder from web pages, using javascript, AJAX and LUA.

I've managed to write a simple implementation that pops up the Windows task bar baloon by posting a GET command, which in turn calls the following LUA code (lhtml file):

<%
    webserver:SetGZIP(false)
    webserver:SetHeader("Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate")
    webserver:SetHeader("Expires: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 14:19:41 GMT")
    local table = webserver:GetCGI()
    if ( gir ) then
    gir.ShowBalloonHint(table['title'], table['content'], 1, 2, table['event_text'])
    gir.cm11.AllLightsOn("A1")
    end
    %>

While this works fine, what I really want to do is activate CM11 (X-11) devices from a web interface. I found the following commands in the ref guide:

cm11.On([house], [device])
    cm11.Off([house], [device])
    cm11.AllUnitsOff([house])
    cm11.AllLightsOff([house])
    cm11.AllLightsOn([house])
    cm11.Dim([house], [device], [dim])
    cm11.Bright([house], [device], [dim])
    cm11.DeviceStatus([house], [device]) -- Status response is a Girder Event

My question is how can I reference those calls from my LUA code (lhtml) file?

Furthermore, I would like to interrogate the various lighting devices using the cm11.DeviceStatus command. How can that be done - i.e. how can I return the interrogated value (i.e. Off/On/Unknown) to the web pages so that I could reflect the status in the GUI?

Thanks in advance!

Zac.
    Last edited by zackyp; March 17th, 2008 at 06:00 PM.

no answer since one month ?
    other question
    1- cm11 is an object allready exist so it is a reserved word that we don't have to initialize ? is there a way to test manually that device work ( use dui tree script ?)
    2- does cm11 support two way communication so can be se use like a remote (in gml) because generate Events ? ( so can be see in log display !?)
    3) where can i find a table that let me know all x10 device that support two way communication ?

thank's
    Last edited by liofr; April 12th, 2008 at 02:38 PM.

Cool Goodbye Girder, hello "Roll-my-own"

Hi liofr,

Not sure I fully understood your questions, but since my posting a lot has happened.

1) I managed to get the CM11A working from the lhtml pages
    2) I discovered that Girder's entire X10 lhtml pages system is a mess and extremely difficult to manage/use for any normal needs
    3) I wrote my application myself from the ground up, based on ASP.NET, wrote my own CM11A driver as well as a bunch of goodies (rules engine, scripting engine, macro engine) and a lot of technologies. I now have amazing control logics+GUI plus all the flexibility I need to customize my solution to any need. It took me 1 months, but hell it was worth it!

Bottom line: Girder is nice, but it has a long way to go in regards to X10 automation CGI support, so I rolled my own.

PS I think that even HomeSeer/PowerHome cannot compete with what I have at the moment. They are very flexible, but hell complicated and just don't deliver the flexibility :grin:

That's the story,

Cheers,

Zack.

could you post the requirement to achieve control x10 device using window framework ( asp ) ?

thank's

But not here - please continue this by email or on another forum.
    --Rob

since many months was to busy to learn girder . so have little time now
    so i have many question and hope promisix users could share their knowledge and the french "newby" i am about control X10 using girder using girder server only ( no asp question ) .

1) i test girder lua server a http://localhost/ajax.lhtml#events
    in chapter Sending Event wich words for Event and device I have to enter to turn off/on the x10 device (A1).

2) how to know which com number use my x10 device .
    this number locate at girder-File -Setting-Main-Plug in Settings-X10 CM1X-Comport

3) where i can find for x10 event properties the predefine value for "event string when event device is sett to "Lua:x10" . Does all the value are predefine and user have nothing to write mena only select one item !!

4) x10 device is set on and off using activehome so hardware work and girder Log display say
    Source Details Payloads
    X10-CM1X X10/CM11/CM12/CM17 not connected.:1(LIO.gml:\\Off)
    I have for usb bus controller : X10 USB ActiveHome ( ACPI Compliant)
    locate at C:\windows\system32\drivers\x10ufx2.sys

thank's