Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TaskSwitch problem

Quote Originally Posted by Rob H View Post
    I don't think we've seen this issue before.

You may be able to use a workaround which would be to disable and enable the plugin automatically using the Girder|Disable/Enable plugin actions from a ScriptEnable event.
    I thought of that. I did a disable then wait then enable of the TaskSwitch I attached a Girder Start (and all the other possibilities) to it but as these events depend on TaskSwitch/Create plugin working they never get fired!

Is there a way to switch on debugging for Girder to see exactly what is happening at start up?

Try using a ScriptEnable event to do this. As far as I know Girder start shouldn't depend on TaskSwitch/TaskCreate though, but it will depend on treescript being loaded which it may not be at that point.
    --Rob

Try using a ScriptEnable event to do this. As far as I know Girder start shouldn't depend on TaskSwitch/TaskCreate though, but it will depend on treescript being loaded which it may not be at that point.
    I don't think it triggers any events at all, I've loaded my task with all the girder events possible and it did not trigger any of them.

The only way I can think of doing is installing a rival product and get that to restart Girder once it has rebooted (HIPS?)

Is there no logging info I can see for Girder when it loads up?

Dom

Hmm.. I thought I'd replied to this yesterday! You could try using DebugView from www.sysinternals.com to monitor the messages that Girder sends out using OutputDebugString.

Does this only happen the first time you start Girder after booting the PC or every time you start Girder?
    --Rob

Thumbs down

Hmm.. I thought I'd replied to this yesterday! You could try using DebugView from www.sysinternals.com to monitor the messages that Girder sends out using OutputDebugString.

Does this only happen the first time you start Girder after booting the PC or every time you start Girder?
    Looks like a useful tool!

I'll shall give it a go tonight, I take it, it'll give me all messages as girder is starting (at startup)?

It only ever happens when I boot up for the first time. If I shut Girder down and then re-start it, its fine.

Dom

I've run processMon and there was a ton of output, I've filtered on the taskcreate/taskswitch dlls and there is nothing obvious in the file

There seemed to be alot of NAME NOT FOUND, but that did not seem unusual.

Any further pointers, or anything in particular I should be looking at?

Dom

I started to disable some of the plugins and I disabled the LUA Extensions plugin and suddenly its started working!

Not sure what that does and why it would affect the start up.

I did noticed that on start up a few of the plugins were in a 'not receiving events' mode if that helps.

Dom

Interesting - I don't have that plugin enabled here (I take it you mean the Lua Misc Function Library?)
    --Rob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12