Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CM15 Pro Problems. Help Me Please

Default CM15 Pro Problems. Help Me Please

Hi, Im fairly new to girder and net remote and i have been trying to set up X10 equipment, at first i had a cm11/12 (whichever the 240v version is) and i sort of had that working, the company i purchased this unit from has offered me a free upgrade to the CM15A as i am using windows Vista, here begins my problem. the active home pro software can switch devices on and off normally and can read sensor inputs from my motion sensor. there is no problems in this, however when i try to use girder i have loaded the CM15 plugin and i get an error on startup:
    Time Date Source Details Payloads
    18:23:41:300 4/15/2008 ActiveHome Unable to connect.
    i have tried un-installing and reinstalling the activehome pro software however when i try to uninstall the x10 hardware in the add/remove programs there is an error with the install.log and upon installation of the x10 drivers there is an error on launch of a rundll32 file. could someone please help me get this going as it is the basis of my whole system. Thankyou

EDIT: I Have tried this setup on a second computer with the same results as above, this computer however had XP as the operating system so that rules that out as the problem. i cant find a download for a newer version of active home pro so i dont know anymore. please help.
    Last edited by matchew; April 15th, 2008 at 06:58 AM.

Girder uses the ActiveX object to control the CM15. It appears that this is not installed on your system. Probably means that some required piece is not installed.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Ok, I figured out that i needed the x10 SDK so i could have the activeX module for Girder to communicate to my cm15a, now what, i have a connection and i have logs from my sensor coming into the log file, also girder seems to be sending out codes but i cant get anything to happen, all im trying to do is turn on a basic appliance switch, its actually my tranceiver that i am trying to work as a basic switch just for test purposes while i develop my system, nothing is happening when i go to switch it on or off, whether i use device manager or just a basic house/unit code commands type of code transmission, also in the device manager it is saying that the device is unknown, is this normal or should it be picking up the cm15a there and doing something more than it is, sorry for all the questions im just racking my brains and reading the forums getting nowhere. Thanks again.

OK, I Think i managed to get it working, thanks for the flood of replies offering assistance from all those of you who have started before me. anyway it seems that uninstalling girder and reinstalling it has fixed the problem, hopefully a new beta release comes out soon which fixes a few more of the bugs.

Hi could someone lend me some help with this same issue?

I have Girder 5 beta build 524 I have the x10 drivers installed and I know the CM15a is working because it works with the Active home software.

However, I can't seem to find it anywhere in my devices in Girder. I have the plugin enabled but I don't see it. I am only trying to control 2 lighting switches simple on/off commands on A1 and A2.

my CM15a looks like this:

not this:
    Last edited by Grassrootz; June 1st, 2008 at 09:11 PM.

Read the replies i made above, i found the solution was that you needed to download the SDK, software development kit for the CM15a which has the activex parts in it required for the interface. they neglect to put that info anywhere useful and just hope you guess right.

Thanks for your reply...

Well I thought I did install the SDK the filename is "ahsdk_install.exe" is that the same one you used? if not could you provide a link to where you got yours?

Maybe I have it installed and I'm just too dumb to know where to look now in Girder.

Thanks!

Dave

have you enabled the plugin in the girder options? if not just uninstall girder completley then reinstall it, thats what i ended up doing at one point.

Yes the plugin is enabled under the settings. What should I look for to know it's enabled/working? Will there be a new tab for the CM15a? I see new tabs for the Insteon and other CMx but not for the CM15a. How can I test it to make sure its working after enabling?

Ok, I uninstalled/reinstalled the latest Girder Beta. Still no luck.

Could someone hold my hands through this? I mean take me step through step as if you were telling someone completely new to this how to get the CM15a working with Girder and how to test it to make sure it is working.

I'm almost to the point to purchase a different X10 device that is more compatible.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast