Thread: DLportIO, Girder 4.0 and LUA Scripting

Default DLportIO, Girder 4.0 and LUA Scripting

Hello there!
    I am new to this forum and I am afraid I am asking something very basic that had been solved ages ago. But I just can not seem to find a solution.
    I am using Girder 4.0 and want to toggle pins on my parallel ports using DLportIO from Lynx. DLportIO is installed on my system and the command I want to use is this: "PORTIO_WriteBYTE(888,255)" which in my opinion should switch all pins on LPT1 at h378 to high!? I use this in a scripting window under Girder but hitting "Apply and Test" does not toggle any pins at all. So either I use the scripting in a wrong way or I do not have the DLportIO files in the correct place for Girder to use them or I do something else in the wrong way. Can anyone give me a hint on how to handel that?
    Thanks a lot!

Default one step further

hello! I played arround a bit with the scripting in Girder and managed to call functions like math and voice functions. But trying to call "PORTIO_WriteBYTE( [portnumber], [value] )" Lua tells me that it canīt find this function. At least I think that is what it is trying to tell me. I am sure I installed the necessary driver from and I can find LPortIO.dll as well as DLPortIO.dll in my Girder as well as in my system32 directory.
    Does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong?
    This is what Lua/Girder tells me:

[string "x10.gml:\x10\toggle TV Power with DLPort IO..."]:2: attempt to call global `PORTIO_WriteBYTE' (a nil value)
    stack traceback:
    [string "x10.gml:\x10\toggle TV Power with DLPort IO..."]:2: in main chunk

Cardigan, UK

If you have the DLPortIO plugin enabled and everything required installed then you should have a table called dlportio so that code should read
    dlportio.WriteBYTE(888, 255)
    Use the variable inspector to examine the other methods available.

Default it works!

Thanks Rob! My syntax was wrong...

So, for everyone being as blind as I am, this works:

dlportio.WriteBYTE(888, 255)
    value = dlportio.ReadBYTE(888)

Default Loading of DLPortIO.sys and DLPortIO.dll

The web site "" doesn't seem to offer the drivers without paying but I found a program called port95nt.exe on the net that successfully loaded the files. With the DLportIO extension plugin activated I was able to successfully toggle the parallel port data lines on my ADM 3500+ XP MCE