Page 2 of 156 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Insteon PLM Component

comments pending

on this tab you can control and edit dimmable devices. on some devices, you can set the ramp rate, preset dim level and the resume dim settings (doesn't work on all SH devices). update button forces the component to reload any device specific information.

this tab is for controlling switch only devices. load detection (if available) is displayed. update is same as above.

the keypadlinc tab is more complicated

get settings reloads the devices current button states and masks etc. its takes about 5 - 10 seconds to do this.

keypad button mode sets the keypadlinc into 6 or 8 button mode. in 6 button mode, the on/off button control the local load. in 8 button mode, the upper left button controls the local mode.

button on states shows the current state of button. you can control button on/off states by pressing the toggle button. BUT due to bugs in the current versions of the keypadlinc firmware, the only way to do this is via alllink commands. so the component must create an alllink group between the controller and the device for each button. this will take 5-10 seconds at first.

in the edit button box, you can set the on/off masks for each button and the way the button functions (ie toggle or non toggle mode)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PLM-10.jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	4887   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PLM-09.jpg 
Views:	1170 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	4888   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PLM-08.jpg 
Views:	1150 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	4889   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PLM-07.jpg 
Views:	1147 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	4890  
    Last edited by Mike C; July 2nd, 2008 at 09:27 AM.

remotelinc tab lets you control the various settings on this device. i suggest enabling the heartbeat so the component knows that the device is working. use a long heartbeat interval to reduce battery usage. i also suggest lengthing the wake time on heartbeat to allow the component a chance to talk to the device if it needs to. always leave the allow device to sleep unless you want go through batteries fast. you can also turn on/off the LED and Beep on transmit.

http://www.promixis.com/forums/attac...1&d=1214959323

group editing tab lets you setup groups for any device that can act as a controller. you can name the groups clicking the edit button. add/edit/delete is for each responder device in the group.

shows all incomplete links for known devices. you can recreate or delete the links using the buttons.

copy/replace device links - fairly straight forward

delete all references to a device - will remove any devices with a link to the specified device
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PLM-05.jpg 
Views:	1182 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	4891   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PLM-03.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	4892   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PLM-02.jpg 
Views:	1085 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	4893   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PLM-00.jpg 
Views:	1110 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	4894  
    Last edited by Mike C; July 3rd, 2008 at 01:27 PM.

Hi.

Will this plugin support the Ezio I/O Insteon controllers? I have the 2x4 and would like to get some others if I can get them to work with Girder. So far I've been able to get limited functionality with the PLC plugin.

Thanks,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MR View Post
    Hi.

Will this plugin support the Ezio I/O Insteon controllers? I have the 2x4 and would like to get some others if I can get them to work with Girder. So far I've been able to get limited functionality with the PLC plugin.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike,

The component is designed to be easily extended to support new devices. The PLC plugin would be a bear to add support. Do you have a link to the protocol?

Thanks.

I'm currently using the PLC as a timer when the PC is off, but I'll switch to a PLM if that is where new device support will be. I'll just have to find a place in my "closet of disapointingly early retired hardware" for the PLC.

The EZIOxx Advanced Details are here: http://www.simplehomenet.com/Downloa...20Advanced.pdf

The EZIOxx Responder Modes and Link Records are here: http://www.simplehomenet.com/Downloa...0Explained.pdf

All the other EZIO command documents (including the Irrigation Controller that I have my eye on) are here: http://www.simplehomenet.com/support...d=supDownloads

Thanks,
    Mike

Its certainly doable. The component is a freebe - so if I have sometime to tinker I can see what I can do. Without the device it will be a PIA though.

version .131 available.

Mike,

I just got my PLM and I am having trouble getting Girder to recognize it. I installed the PLM
    to com2. I disabled the PLC insteon pluggin and enabled your PLM component and restarted Girder.
    On your Powerline Setting page I see nothing under Powerline Interfaces. Any suggestions?
    Under Settings/Serial Com 2 is listed as unknown.

Thanks for your help.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by vitello View Post
    Mike,

I just got my PLM and I am having trouble getting Girder to recognize it. I installed the PLM
    to com2. I disabled the PLC insteon pluggin and enabled your PLM component and restarted Girder.
    On your Powerline Setting page I see nothing under Powerline Interfaces. Any suggestions?
    Under Settings/Serial Com 2 is listed as unknown.

Thanks for your help.

Peter
    did you go to the powerlinc modem page and add your plm?

Mike,

No, I didn't enter my plm on the powerlinc modem page. Where is this page found? I
    just looked and am unable to find it.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Peter

Page 2 of 156 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast