Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Girder 10 Year Anniversary Competition

Guys finally got around to tallying everything up. Here are the standings currently.

#24 -> Jan 11 2000 jonkjon
    #10 -> March 24, 2000 etron
    #14 -> Apr 2, 2000
    #9 -> Apr 12, 2000
    #22 -> September 10 2000
    #6 -> Nov 9, 2000
    #4 -> March 3, 2001
    #17 -> March 3, 2001
    #2 -> May 14, 2001
    #3 -> May 14, 2001
    #13 -> May 14, 2001
    #11 -> Sept 7, 2001
    #16 -> Oct 2001

(The numbers refer to the post number in the thread)

Bruisers link in #27 appears to be the oldest one from his description however that server is not responding. I am going to wait one day to see if it comes online so I can verify. Bruiser if you have a working link for that one I'll be happy to count it.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Rob found the doc for us. It appears to have been written in January 2004.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Congratulations jonkjon and etron for winning the competition I will be sending you your license keys.
    Ron
    No support through PM

"Since 1998, Girder has been at the forefront of Windows automation and remote control. Girder has a large and active online community making it the most widely used and versatile automation tool of its kind.

Girder will work on Windows 98, ME, NT, and 2000 platforms and requires minimal system resources. Some plugins are only supported under certain versions of Windows.

Here are some key features of "Girder":

Use Girder with your remote to play music from your digital media library, select playlists, crank the volume and play digital DJ for your next party!
    Control your home theater PCs and hardware- from start up to mid-movie play & pause to shut-down, Girder can do it all.
    Use Girder to automate your home. Control your lighting, security system, climate settings and more. Plus, save hundreds of dollars by using Girder instead of more expensive home automation packages!
    Control your CarPC."

I actually remember using the 1st public beta Ron released. I wouldn't expect him to remember me, but he helped me out a lot to figure out some bugs in the process, and i also made a number of gml files a long time ago, as well as a web based OSD menu remote system that i did to control Girder through my cellphone before remote automation was really existing much back then. It's been ages since i've been here, but am getting back into Girder because of some new projects i am working on now. Nice to know this isn't going anywhere still.

Edit- Ahhh shucks, it ended already. Oh well.
    Last edited by worldrave; October 18th, 2008 at 02:00 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234