Thread: 'Window Exists' does not work for hidden windows

Default 'Window Exists' does not work for hidden windows

I've tried to use 'Window exists' for a hidden task. I found that task in the window picker by activating the flag 'list hidden windows'. I also activated the flag 'Match invisible Tasks'. The Test Button finds one match. So far, so good.

I leave the window picker and try 'apply and test' : no match is being found. If I enter the window picker again, the match is NOT found, regardless if the flag 'Match invisible Tasks' is set or not. Only ticking 'list hidden windows' again brings up the match.

By the way: I was forced to use 'Window exists' since 'Windows Conditional' is not working for me (I don't remember when is stopped working).

I use Girder Gold 5.0.2 Build 536 Whole Home Pro.

-Harald Butenschoen

What parameters are you using? You might have to tweak them a bit.
    Ron
    No support through PM

What parameters can I change?

I have enclosed 2 screenshots: the second shows the situation after the task being visible that finds a match. The first shows the same behaviour as leaving the Window Picker. Are there hidden parameters to activate the "list hidden windows" ?

-Harald Butenschoen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen02.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	229.8 KB 
ID:	5189   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen01.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	239.8 KB 
ID:	5190  
    Last edited by Harald; October 27th, 2008 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Enclose screenshots

I tested my hidden window problem in a simple example and all worked as expected.

Though my two screenshots don't seem to find a match for a hidden window, the 'Window Exists' works perfectly. The reason why it did not work for me was a stupid mistake in my coding. Sorry about that.

-Harald