Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 wire plugin setup help needed

Default 1 wire plugin setup help needed

Ok I am getting old.... been too long since I played with this 1 wire suff and was on meds for my back at the time... so bare with me

Currently I have two DS18S20 hooked up and they are reading fine. The problem is I do not remember how I set this up. I know I installed the 1 wire drivers and dropped the 1 wire DLL into the folder and added the init to the startup but thats all I remember.

Right now I get this

OneWireUP:UpdateCheck()
    OneWireUP:UpdateAsync()
    OWDM Event 21.4
    OWDM Event 22.3
    Setting Var Temp1 to value 70
    Setting Var Temp2 to value 72

Where does the Var Temp1 get set at? Is this automatic. I am a bit embarrassed I can't remember doing this and I am getting ready to install some more DS18S20 sensors. I can't see any DM screens or CM screens or any other place to do setup or make changes... please help me recall what to do.

Thanks for any reminders
    John

Now Playing skin creator

Girder 5.0 / Elk-M1EZ8 / Ocelot / SECU-16IR /SECU-16I / SECU-16 / BobCat Humidity
    JRMC 11.1 / M-Audio Delta 410 / Xitel HIFI Pro / Xitel HIFI Link
    NetRemote 2.0 / 6 Zone whole house audio delivering 1580 watts RMS total
    ELO 15" Touchscreen, Nokia 770 and Advent 3500PC Mobile PC 7" TS
    Droid 2 Global

Click here to visit my Nowplaying Showcase Blog

Ok I did some searching and found this....

http://www.promixis.com/forums/showt...ghlight=dallas

And it jogged my memory some. I had did a fresh install of Girder 5 and forgot to install this.

I installed it and I get an error in the Interactive LUA window:

TreeScript (RunScript,B): ...Girder5\luascript\DeviceManager/Providers/Simple.lua:47: Must provide a function "GetPlugin"
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in function `assert'
    ...Girder5\luascript\DeviceManager/Providers/Simple.lua:47: in function `MustProvide'
    ...r5\luascript\DeviceManager/Providers/PluginBased.lua:20: in function `Initialize'
    ...der5\luascript\DeviceManager/Providers/OneWireDM.lua:54: in function `Initialize'
    ...\Girder5\luascript\DeviceManager/Providers/Basic.lua:34: in function <...\Girder5\luascript\DeviceManager/Providers/Basic.lua:23>
    (tail call): ?
    ...s\Promixis\Girder5\/plugins/treescript/OneWireUI.lua:37: in function <...s\Promixis\Girder5\/plugins/treescript/OneWireUI.lua:31>
    ...s\Promixis\Girder5\/plugins/treescript/OneWireUI.lua:106: in function `Initialize'
    ...s\Promixis\Girder5\/plugins/treescript/OneWireUI.lua:613: in main chunk

Does this suppose to work with Girder 5.

Dan i could use your help
    John

Now Playing skin creator

Girder 5.0 / Elk-M1EZ8 / Ocelot / SECU-16IR /SECU-16I / SECU-16 / BobCat Humidity
    Droid 2 Global

Well I just noticed that Dan has not posted since June 08... anyone seen him?

Rob have any idea as to what is wrong with his One Wire DM handler?

http://www.promixis.com/download.php?ID=976 (above error when G is loaded)

I would greatly appreciate you having a look.
    John

Now Playing skin creator

Droid 2 Global

There's no provider file in that zip file, it probably just needs a GetPlugin method adding with a

Code:
    return OneWireDM
    Dan's not been around a lot lately, even on MSN.
    --Rob

I'm here now!

Last time I used this was G4 but am running nothing now. So I am not much help, sorry chaps!
    Thx, Dan

Onwards and Upwards!
    http://www.danward.co.uk

John, This probably isn't much help but I set up my one-wire network based on Marcel's plugin. It works fine for me in G5. I do remember having DM errors so I just renamed the DM file to stop it. The one-wire network works fine without it.

Thanks... and yes the 1 wire plugin is working fine. Its the DM setup screen that doesn't. From what I remember this is what is used to set NR variables to the readings coming in. The two sensors I have are working fine. I just want to add some more.
    John

Now Playing skin creator

Droid 2 Global

Quote Originally Posted by danward79 View Post
    I'm here now!

Last time I used this was G4 but am running nothing now. So I am not much help, sorry chaps!
    Hey Dan did you lose interest or move onto something else? Seemed like you had quite a 1 wire setup.
    John

Now Playing skin creator

Droid 2 Global

Well Harleydude has once again come through for me. Here is the 3 files used for 1-Wire DM that have been fixed for G5 build 540. Just put them over the old ones and restart.

Thanks Harleydude

Ron could we get these included in the next build of G5 so others will have the fixed ones?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jwilson56; November 6th, 2008 at 06:36 PM.
    John

Now Playing skin creator

Droid 2 Global

Hi,
    I'm trying to set up "one wire" to work as a zoned central heating control system in addition to many many other 'features' I have in mind involving all sorts of AV, serial, X10 lighting and catflap! control.
    I am very new to girder (i.e. I'm nearly at the end of my Trial version) and have spent many many an hour going through help files, forums and examples to find my way though the software, but for the life of me I can not work out how to get this plugin to work.
    I have installed the Maxim one wire drivers and I can see my temp sensor using Maxims web based viewing software, so all ok there.
    I have followed the instructions on this thread: (sorry can not add links!)
    >>15576
    putting the main plugin files in the girder/plugins directory (33 files from OnewireGirder4.zip)

and followed the threads through to this one (sorry can not add links!)
    >>131505#post131505
    and added the three files to replace the originals (assuming that was my issue as all previous posts referred to Girder 4) the OnewireUI.lua and OnewireDM.lua files in the Girder/treescript directory and the Onewire.xml file in the Girder/UI directory

I have activated the plugin under settings, plugins so girder is 'seeing' at least one of the files.
    I was expecting some extra conditionals / actions to appear in the tree but I can't see anything different.
    When I open the onewireDM.xml in the DUI designer I can see a form that seems to make sense, but I can not access it anywhere from Girder.

Sorry if this is a real simple issue, but it is driving me insane!
    Can anyone please point me in the right direction to install the One wire drivers correctly (I am currently using the Girder5 Trial, pending this working successfully I will purchase the Pro version) so that I can use the one wire temperature sensors and One wire digital IO for my central heating control system.

An extra bit of info.. When I run the logger I have a big list of "10009 Failed reading devices". Does this make sence to anyone?

I'm assuming it just needs enabling somewhere? Or maybe I have the wrong version of files?

With thanks.
    Jon

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast