Thread: Restarting The Lua Engine Remotely

Lightbulb Restarting The Lua Engine Remotely

I've asked about this before but never got a solution.

For example sometimes I can have my USB-UIRT not respond or one of my control interfaces or programs locks up. Because it's external to Girder Watchdog ignores it as it's not Girder itself that has locked up.

Normally I would have to go to the main computer screen in my bedroom, go to Girder and then manually restart the Lua engine. That kills all the other programs linked to Girder and then restarts everything. Cool.. but it could be better. So I created a little macro

Now if it happens I can hit a button in the living room and Girder does the restart for me... I just need to add some voice confirmations to let me know when it's finished doing the restart.

How did I do it....

Macro Start
    1. Focus on Girder Window
    2. Keyboard Action - F11
    3. Keyboard Action - Enter
    Macro End

I can't believe how simple it was.

All I do is add triggers for the macro and VOILA!... I can now restart Lua just by hitting ScrLk on my keyboard, hit the button in the living room (connected to a USB joystick HID mod I made) and it fixes the crashes.

I made this a few weeks ago to make sure it works OK for a while and every time I've needed it it's worked like a charm. For example I'm sitting down in the living room and the remote control won't work. The wired "Reset" button still works though and about 20 seconds later the remote works again. No having to get up and go into the bedroom just to restart the Lua engine.

I've even made it so that it does a Lua restart every day at 6am too. It just makes sure everything is running right.

I can't believe how simple it was. I've attached the GML but most of you will figure it out without it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    - John H
    * PROMIXIAN TO THE CORE! * (NetRemote2WholeHomePro + Girder5WholeHomePro + USB-UIRT + Touchscreens + WirelessControlSystems + ANNA) == AutomationHeaven
    - "IthinkI'mgoingtobantheuseofthespacebarinfuture..."

Red face

Well this is embarrasing... Was just wondering how to do this as I'm rebuilding my setup after the damned hard drive crash and corrupted backups... I look around to find out how to start this remotely and it turns out that I figured it out last year lol.

I'm now due to have my new brain implanted in the next few months... seems I'm had to do without one for the last couple of years.
    - John H
    * PROMIXIAN TO THE CORE! * (NetRemote2WholeHomePro + Girder5WholeHomePro + USB-UIRT + Touchscreens + WirelessControlSystems + ANNA) == AutomationHeaven

Apparently gir.Reset() works too.

http://promixis.com/forums/showpost....64&postcount=5
    Beware of the robot.

Oooh... that sneaky CodeNinja Rob must have stealthed that command in heh.

Cheers Quixote and Rob... at least my new setup will be a lot better than my old setup. I realised last night I hadn't even installed the final version of G5...
    - John H

That would have been Ron being sneaky
    --Rob