Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ksnoopy's Remote Wonder plugin bug

any1 can check this gml for use the mousepad with the ati rw and tell me if it's possible to make it to move smooth like without girder? It has the 8 directions and the left/right mouse button

http://digilander.libero.it/cronoz/Mouse.GML

whoaaa TNX ksnoopy!!! Now mouse movement is PERFECT!!! Smoother than a real mouse!

A very little tip for those who don't need to have girder always loaded [maybe cause they also play games and want to maximize memory ecc] and have the ati rw:

Double click the ati rw tray icon, go to "program", and set "specific to curently active features" [you also have to do this, according to the ksnoopy's plugin help, to map the abcdef buttons]. Select "when WINDOWS is in focus" and map the button A or whatever you want to load GIRDER.EXE. Also, unload & remove winamp and powerpoint plugins.

Now you can disable girder load on windows startup (set autominimize however)... it won't load anymore, but when you need the remote you simply press the A button and it will load... after it's loaded, the A will be automatically remapped to girder, so it'll be reusable for different things (a kind of "turn on remote" button).

It's very strange, cause the RW sends only ONE command when you press the button, the following commands are different events (repeats). Maybe you make girder learn the REPEAT and not the simple button function? This happens when you click the LEARN with the remote button pressed for example. You have to click learn and THEN press the button.

Or maybe you have ati plugins loaded, other than the girder one? I've found problems in winamp, until i disabled & removed the winamp plugin from the ati rw control panel.

Or maybe you put the same event in more girder functions? Try to temporarly disable the command you have problems with, then press the button having girder in focus, and see if something happens (if another command is sent for example).

Or maybe microdvd sux and you have to try zoomplayer?

Ah: i've found a function in the Target windows... something like "send only the first instance".... try to enable this!

Tell us if the problem persists

Hello,

I have following problem:
    (configuration: ATI Remote Wonder, drivers 1.2, plugin GIRDER enabled, Girder 3.2.4, ATI wonder plugin 1.1 - tested on Win 98 and Win ME)

Startup is proccessing correctly - RW works - the mouse cursor is moving according to buttons (hw shall be OK). But when the main window of Girder is opened (the green button is shown), and I tried to Capture any buttons, but no code is displayed. I tested nearly all buttons but no response was shown.

Can anybody help? I tried to search forums, but I have not found this problem. IMHO shall be be problem with Win98/Me, because with same software installation files it worked win Win2k.

I also try verify connection between DLLs and:

1. When the 'Auto Enable' option is checked in the preferences, Girder starts with GREEN button, after pressing F9 is is changed to BLUE color and after next F9 the application is hard-locked.

2. When the 'Auto Enable' option is NOT checked in the preferences, Girder starts with BLUE button, after pressing F9 is is changed to GREEN color and after next F9 it changed to BLUE and next F9 made the application hard-locked.

IMHO - communication between DLL plugins Remote and Girder is not correct, but I don't know how to diagnostic it and solve it.

Thanks for any advice

Lopo

Quote Originally Posted by philip.sion
    And don't you have problems shutting down Girder ?

I've experienced the same on W98SE and so I made my own plugin.

Check it out in the forum, test it and give me your feedback.

I am still working on it so I can tune it if any problem / request is found / asked.

Philip.
    Yes I had same problem . I tried your plug-in and it covered by expectation.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234