Thread: Harmony 890 + Girder play nice?

Default Harmony 890 + Girder play nice?

Hello, I was considering purchasing a Harmony 890 RF remote to substitute Netremote 2 on my PDA. Will this work as I expect? Will I be able to still send commands to Girder for my X-10/AV Receiver and control Media Center and my DVD player software (Theatertek)? Just looking for the WAF trying to dumb it down as much as possible for her to use.

Nobody? Surely someone has wanted to do something similar. I just don't want to run out and drop over $200 and it's not going to do what I need.

Let me preface this by saying I have not tried this. So use your own judgment on this.

If that harmony can send X10 signals
    If you Girder installation can receive X10 signals
    then you should be able to control Girder within the limits of the x10 protocol. There are only a limited number of house code / device codes available...

Otherwise if you own a USB-UIRT and that harmony can send IR signals you could control Girder that way.

Using the harmony you will loose the feedback aspect of NetRemote. Girder cannot talk TO the harmony.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Thanks for the reply Ron.

Hmmm not quite the answer I was looking for. Sounds like I may need to hold off then. What are the chances that you guys will be making an interface for the ipod touch now that the SDK has been out for some time? I really like how responsive the ipod touch/iphone is especially with wifi.

Well we have a lot of things on our plate already. While we'd love to do this (in fact I did some preliminary research into feasibility) currently it's not in the plans.

Have you tried our web-based iPod interface,.. it's quite good, imho. ;-)
    Ron
    No support through PM

I possibly missed it. Maybe you could point me in the right direction. The only thing I remember seeing is the video showing how you can control lights. I haven't really seen a slick web interface. I'd love to check it out though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VlbMZQ181k

this will control lights, security and anything that is supported by the Girder Device Manager.
    Ron
    No support through PM

yea thats the one I saw... was hoping someone put together a tutorial on how to customize this or a ready to use package that can be edited.