Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wish List for '09

Default Wish List for '09

LDJ 2. Girder does everything else I want.

Default I agree

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    LDJ 2. Girder does everything else I want.
    I agree.

David

Did I mention that I'd really like a variable conditional/lua conditional that works flawlessly with G5? Oh yeah... I did -- like 20 times. :P

Beware of the robot.

Well, no-one is stopping you from writing one

Seriously, remind me what the problems are with the current user-supplied one.
    --Rob

My lack of ability is stopping me, unfortunately
    I will post the errors that I get in the console once I'm at my home computer. I'm sure you would instantly see what the problem is if you were to install it.

I still can't understand how this is not a feature that is built-in to Girder seeing as how useful it is and how much script-writing it saves.
    Beware of the robot.

I'm not very keen on scripted conditionals - if you're not very careful about where you place them they can slow Girder down to a crawl.
    --Rob

Good to know, but they must be about the same as running scripts all the time to determine whether or not a macro should run and then triggering it with a girder action?
    I've been having issues with my Insteon KPL button LEDs, so I run a macro every ten minutes that turns them on or off depending on certain conditions, and it seems to work fairly well.
    Beware of the robot.

I think I'm still correct in saying that a conditional attached to an entire GML will be fired for every incoming event, before the normal event handlers for that event are called
    --Rob

OK, thanks. So you would avoid attaching them to macros as well? There are certain ones that I have that I would like to fire only if certain conditions apply, and others when those conditions are not met. Are you suggesting that I just bite the bullet and write scripts for everything?
    Beware of the robot.

My recommendation would be to be sparing with them. I'm trying to remember what my findings were now. You may be able to minimise the calls to the conditional by having a macro with an event attached which in turn contains another macro with the condtional.
    --Rob

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast