Thread: "dual" IR codes

Default "dual" IR codes

I'm currently updating my systems to vista 32 bit. Out of the blue most of my remotes are now generating two sets of IR codes. The first keypress generates code 1 the second keypress code 2, press it again and code 1 is displayed and so one.

The old system was using an old irman since my serial2usb converters are not supported in vista I'm now using the uirt. maybe it's normal uirt behavoir. I could learn both codes for one action which sounds a little odd. I must be overlooking something...

I have installed the lastest and greatest uirt drivers and girder version.

PS Never used the IR workshop tool. Does it work in Vista?

Girder is developed on Vista these days so yes the IR workshop will work there.

What you are seeing is very normal. It's called a toggle code. Some remotes send two different signals on alternating keypresses, this allows the appliance to distinguish holding down a key or pressing it again.

In Girder you can put both event codes on one action... or use the event mapper
    Ron
    No support through PM

Aha now I remember. Did change anything in my previous setup for a long time.

How is the IR workshop supposed to be used? I can't get any of my ir codes to display in the IR workshop window.

I discovered what the IR workshop does. It only displays learned IR codes from the IR profiles. very nice.
    Would it be an idea to read IR codes directly in the IR workshop. I'm currently debugging an Logitech Harmony remote which doesn't behave like the original remote.
    Last edited by jackisidore; December 29th, 2008 at 05:15 PM.