Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Installation Drawings How-to

<^> is the name of the parent frame. Using this "relative" or "hierarchical" notation makes it much easier to rename a whole load of frames or buttons in one go. The name is resolved at page load time, and whenever NetRemote.Rebind is called.

You can also name an element based on the current value of a NetRemote variable - suppose the variable was called abc and had the value "Kitchen"

A button with the name <abc>\Lights would end up being called Kitchen\Lights.

Note that if you use the <> notation in a string in Lua code, then it's important to use [[ and ]] as the string delimiters
    --Rob

Quote Originally Posted by VicVonDoom View Post
    easy peasy. But you need to physically have the pci card installed the rack mount bit connected & the correct drivers loaded (see maudio's site for latest version)

Postup when thats done....
    sorry Jim, let me rephrase...

how do you prefer to control your zones...from one page...? one page per zone....?

cheers

Mark
    some people learn by writing, some by reading, some by listening and some by doing?...me I'm not learning at all

Hi Jim,

M Audio 1010 installed, vista drivers installed, icon in taskbar

no interconnects yet... can you post a link to the correct type?

what speakers would you recommend? ideally small & not rectangular
    have looked at Antony Gallos..but would have to take it steady buying them...

Cheers

Mark
    some people learn by writing, some by reading, some by listening and some by doing?...me I'm not learning at all

Hi,

Are these the interconnects I need?

http://www.inta-audio.com/pp/Cables_..._Plugs_2m.html

cheers

Mark

Hi All,

how do I use the s/pdif on my Delta 1010?

what cables do I need?

can I treat it as another zone?

cheers

Mark

Right,

delta 1010 all connected.

speakers to 4 rooms connected

amps on

JRMC all zoned up

....no bl@$dy sound

any advice

cheers

Mark

lets get the silly ones out the way...

1. Have you got the yellow light on on the i/o box?

2. Right click the maudio icon in the task bar & open up the mixer, Play something in directly from JRMC (not via NR) - Are the levels in the maudio mixer 'Dancing'?

3. check your amp is on the correct source (if you plugged the audio into "Aux" you need to be on sourced to "Aux" obviously )

4. check the 6.35mm Mono jacks are plugged into the bottom row of 1-8 audio OUTS & not the UPPER 1-8 audio INPUT'S on the maudio..?

Hi Jim,

Thanks for response....

sorted it the MAudio was set to outputs 1&2 to inputs 1&2 etc I changed this to 'sw rtn' and there was music everywhere....

How can I use the 'SPDIF' ... you have mentioned previously that you have it 'looped back'?

what does that mean?

cheers

Mark

I have a second video card that has two monitor outputs on it. Monitor 1 is a vga out that i attached my touchscreen to. Monitor 2 is a HDMI (not a DVI) output.
    HDMI carries both audio & video on the one cable allowing us users to plug in one cable to our tv's and have all our signals connected.
    However, the pci bus in my pc does not carry any audio to the video card so it is not available at the HDMI out. To overcome this the video card has an digital audio input on the rear (SPDIF in).

By taking the Maudio's SPDIF output & plugging it back into the video card's SPDIF in ('looping back'), it puts the audio into the video card...Voila, full hdmi signal out of the HDMI socket on the video card!

I don't use the SPDIF out via JRMC as a zone.
    I use it as the audio output for zoomplayer (you can pick which output to use in zoom in much the same way as you would in JRMC)
    Being a digital signal allows you to set it up in zoomplayer to quite a few 'types' of audio signal i.e. standard stereo, Dolby 7.1, DTS etc... to suit your needs....
    Last edited by VicVonDoom; March 29th, 2009 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VicVonDoom View Post
    My setup differs slightly from johns...

The way i set up my volume levels is like this...

1. Turn your amps down to min
    2. Turn all your JRMC zones up to about 95%
    3. Slowly raise the amp volume to what you would consider suitable party volume
    4. Leave your amps set to this volume & walk away
    5. Use the the volume slider in NR to control the volume in JRMC and don't use the amp volume (i.e. control the audio signal going to the amp rather than the speakers via amp volume)

But then I don't have any other sources on the amp so don't really need to control it directly.
    How you do it is up to you...

RE: inline volume controls - don't bother as you have all the volume control you need via NR.

RE: long line level cable runs - not a good idea as the audio level from your soundcard is 1V at full volume. A long run WILL result in signal loss (by the time the audio signal gets there it'll be way under what it left the source at, so there will next to nothing for the amplifier to amplify)

Amps ALWAYS close to the audio source and speaker cable of suitable capacity run to your remote speakers. Don't scrimp on the speaker cable - buy the thickest you can afford. Two drums will help with installation (left spkr & right spkr) & save you time buy pulling two at once rather than retreading your footsteps, most wholesalers will discount per/drum vs per/m... 90 got me 2 drums of GOOD cable and wired the whole house with a bit to spare...
    Missed this.... well there is a good reason I don't use the soundcard volume control. I use the built in tuners for each receiver I use in each zone. Since they are not going through the sound card the volume is controlled at the receiver so it is just better that they be controlled via IR. Works for me
    John

Now Playing skin creator

Girder 5.0 / Elk-M1EZ8 / Ocelot / SECU-16IR /SECU-16I / SECU-16 / BobCat Humidity
    JRMC 11.1 / M-Audio Delta 410 / Xitel HIFI Pro / Xitel HIFI Link
    NetRemote 2.0 / 6 Zone whole house audio delivering 1580 watts RMS total
    ELO 15" Touchscreen, Nokia 770 and Advent 3500PC Mobile PC 7" TS
    Droid 2 Global

Click here to visit my Nowplaying Showcase Blog

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123