Thread: "global" location for devices?

Default "global" location for devices?

I'd like to know if there is a way to assign a "global" location to devices. For example, I have a location hierarchy set up something like this:

Home
    Home\Basement
    Home\Main Floor
    Home\Main Floor\TV Room
    Home\Outside
    etc...

As far as I know, a device can only be in one location.. which means when I want to check things like weather or RSS feed info from the DM web interface, I have to navigate to the specific location where these are assigned to (e.g. "Home").

What I'd like to be able to do is access something like weather from any DM web page location. So, for example, if I click on the weather tab at the top of the web page, it shouldn't matter whether I'm currently viewing the page for Home\Main Floor\TV Room or Home\Outside, etc. The way things are currently set up, if I've assigned weather to the "Home" location but I'm on the "Home\Main Floor\TV Room" location web page and I click "weather" at the top, I won't see the weather. Something like weather really isn't location-specific (i.e. all locations within "Home" would apply to the weather) so it would be nice to not have to navigate out away from the current page I'm on to view it. I can see this also applying to things like thermostat control - if I'm looking at the DM web page with my home theater controls, I don't want to have to navigate away from that page to change the temp in the room and then navigate back to the Home\Basement\Home Theater location to re-gain control of my equipment. For most houses, there is only one thermostat control for the entire house.

I hope this all makes sense... so is there a way to assign devices to multiple locations and/or assign a device to a "global" location to accomplish this?

Does anyone know the answer to this question?