Thread: IR Profile Editor issues

Default IR Profile Editor issues

I am playing with the IR Profile editor for the the first time today with a USB-UIRT (its a few years old, does that matter?).

I can lean a few commands and then i have a problem. In the wizard when I click the learn button it jumps down to the next command with out giving me a chance to learn the previous. If I close out of the IR Profile Editor and try again i can do a few again, then it craps out. One time when trying to exit all of girder went non-responsive and crashed. It always seems to happen when I get to the Up / Down / Left / Right buttons but I dont know if that has anything to do with it

I can add them with out issue without the editor but it takes a lot longer to fumble around outsize the wizard.

A known issue? Am I doing something wrong?

I will test this next week, remind me if I forget. It will be a busy week, so I might just.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Just received brand new USBUIRT. Just downloaded and installed Girder 5 on XP Pro. Similar problems for me. Learn works a few times, then it hangs on learning or something. Next thing I know, every time I click learn, it advances without letting me reprogram the button that failed. I kept putzing with it, and now the entire application is locked up. I'm a noob at this so that doesn't help matters ... but I do think this window could use some more tweaking.

not using the IR Profile editor does the USB-UIRT keep working properly?
    Ron
    No support through PM

I don't know. The first thing I tried to do (which I didn't need/want to do) was add a remote. The USB-UIRT accepted all the buttons I mapped with that utility. But then I went to the IR Profile editor ... which I think is what I really needed to do if I want the USB-UIRT to send IR signals. That's all I've figured out with Girder so far.

I did just realized that when the application stopped, the USB-UIRT also stopped blinking RED whenever I pushed a button on my TV remote. I just unplugged it, waited 10 seconds, and plugged it back in. Now it is responding to the TV remote again (i.e., the red led blinks when I press a button). Its been unresponsive since I killed the Girder application from task manager yesterday evening (about 22 hours).

Ron,
    I was able to use the IR Profile Editor without any trouble at all now. The only thing I can think is I may not have rebooted after installing the USB-UIRT and GIRDER. I know I rebooted sometime after the issue. Perhaps something was not fully registered from the installs and it required a reboot (either USB-UIRT or GIRDER)? I have tried and tried to replicate my earlier findings but am unable to do so. Sorry. If I am able to replicate the error again, I will post back. But for now, all is good.