Thread: CM19A - how to get working?

Default CM19A - how to get working?

anyone have this working?

Want to use RF remotes and motion detectors.

thanks
    Aaron
    ----------
    My Setup:
    XBMC Media Center, Whole-House Audio, Paradigm-Onkyo-Parasound-Velodyne, 65" Mits 1080p DLP, EventGhost, Homeseer

help please?

I added the plug-in and it does not "see" the device in Girder but it shows up in Windows Device Manager just fine.
    Aaron
    ----------
    My Setup:
    XBMC Media Center, Whole-House Audio, Paradigm-Onkyo-Parasound-Velodyne, 65" Mits 1080p DLP, EventGhost, Homeseer

Well I don't think the CM19A is supported for receiving in G5 at all from what other threads indicated. Personally I use the W800 as do many people that use Homeseer or Girder.

One problem is that the guys at Promixis don't have the resources to purchase every piece of hardware that is out there. Sometime people like myself have donated devices to these guys so they could have something to play around with and write code for.
    John

Now Playing skin creator

Girder 5.0 / Elk-M1EZ8 / Ocelot / SECU-16IR /SECU-16I / SECU-16 / BobCat Humidity
    JRMC 11.1 / M-Audio Delta 410 / Xitel HIFI Pro / Xitel HIFI Link
    NetRemote 2.0 / 6 Zone whole house audio delivering 1580 watts RMS total
    ELO 15" Touchscreen, Nokia 770 and Advent 3500PC Mobile PC 7" TS
    Droid 2 Global

Click here to visit my Nowplaying Showcase Blog

the W800 is a lot more $ then the $10 CM19A.

I'd be happy to buy them one if they will support it. There is a plug-in that says CM19A but I cannot get it to work
    Aaron
    ----------
    My Setup:

Hi Aaron,

did you manage to get the CM19a to work in girder?

I am a bit surprised as my Plugin list states "CM15A / CM19A" ...

I also want this device in order to get rid of TM751's which keeps on sending unnecessary X10 signals (from motion sensors) which interferes with my other Girder X10 commands. I just want to "receive" the x10 rf signals without the TM751 constantly broadcasting on the power lines

From what I read in other posts, it seems like the CM19 in Girder would recognize 433Mhz signals (from x10 pc remote for instance) but not 310Mhz signals (from native x10 devices like motion sensors). Seems odd to me as the product description clearly states that it will receive rf signal from motion sensors:

http://www.thehomeautomationstore.com/cm19a.html

I believe the W800USB (310Mhz) and RFxcom (310Mhz and 433 Mhz) are supported in Girder but it seems a bit overpriced compared to the CM19a which (on paper) does what I want...

Anyways at 10$ I'll order one and give it a try.

I'll keep you posted if you haven't found a solution yet,

Thx
    Last edited by ylaviolette; October 7th, 2009 at 06:42 PM.

I never got it working. I also stopped using Girder and moved back to my old Homeseer and EventGhost combo.
    Aaron
    ----------
    My Setup:

Did you get some partial results or nothing at all?

It's a bit disappointing because some posts seem to mention that the older serial version (MR26) is supported...

I guess I'm left with these options:

- using the MR26a (not sure I want to use a serial port which is less and less available on motherboards...)

- Using the above device with a serial to usb converter (will it work?)

- Buying either the W800 or RFXcom device; the latest seems nice because it supports both X10 310 Mhz signals and 433 Mhz Signals (used on standard Rf remotes like the 9910 from OFA or ATI's remote wonder)

- sticking with my current workaround: hooking the TM751 to an appliance module and turning it off prior to any long sequence of X10 commands... works pretty well but not very elegant.

Thx for your feedback.

Personally I would spend the money on the W800 or RFXcom device. I have the W800 and it is light years ahead of anything X10 puts out. I would have gotten the RFXcom device had it been out at the time. I guess it all depends how serious you are at home automation and how reliable you want your setup to be.
    John

Now Playing skin creator

Girder 5.0 / Elk-M1EZ8 / Ocelot / SECU-16IR /SECU-16I / SECU-16 / BobCat Humidity
    JRMC 11.1 / M-Audio Delta 410 / Xitel HIFI Pro / Xitel HIFI Link
    NetRemote 2.0 / 6 Zone whole house audio delivering 1580 watts RMS total
    ELO 15" Touchscreen, Nokia 770 and Advent 3500PC Mobile PC 7" TS
    Droid 2 Global

Click here to visit my Nowplaying Showcase Blog

Update on this topic: No need to buy the w800 or RFXcom receiver;

just build the following antenna:

http://www.cocoontech.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=126

add a generic VHF/UHF/FM 20db signal amplifier

convert either a CM19a or CM15a to coax:

http://www.shed.com/tutor/mr26ant.html (bottom of page, forget the antenna the other one above provided better results for me)
    http://www.shed.com/tutor/CM15mods/CM15mods.html

install the antenna in your attic (very important if you have devices outside the home, particularly if you have aluminum siding), attach the amplifier near the antenna, bring the output to your cm19 or cm15 and voila! 200+ feet of indoors/outdoors receiving range for all housecodes. Tested with standard , slim and wall remotes, motion sensors, etc.

Works just great! I got rid of all TM751's therefore no more powerline collisions and overflow from sensors + faster response since you don't have to go through the powerlines twice

And it's supported directly in Girder, just enable the CM15/CM19 plugin.

contact me if you need further instructions.
    Last edited by ylaviolette; November 28th, 2009 at 05:17 PM.