Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Not a valid pocket PC application"

Default "Not a valid pocket PC application"

Hi,
    I've searched the threads on here for a solution to the 'Netremote' is not a valid Pocket PC application and been unable to find much. I found a thread that ended when someone put a link to the 2.0.158 version or something but that link is no long active and I'm using 2.0.99.
    I understand that it's a problem with touchflo interfering with a .dll file however I don't really want to have to close touchflo every time I run netremote.
    Does anyone know of a solution?
    Thanks.

Oh and it's on an HTC Touch HD running windows mobile 6.1 if that makes any difference.

Hi,

I have the same device and I download the cab version, copy it to the device and then install by double-clicking the file on the device.

Let me know if you get a strange error when opening the app. Mine still doing that, but doesn't seem to have any impact on function after you click don't send.

Cheers

I have tried installing from the .cab yet I still get the same message.
    There is no 'send/don't send, the only option is ok and it doesn't run.

The hard part is working out which DLL they've updated this time that's causing the problem. It used to be the lua5 DLL, which was fixed by renaming it as nrlua.dll (I think) and linking against that.

I just want to be sure that you can install NetRemote but can't run it rather than having difficulties installing it, is that right?

And can you confirm that closing TouchFlo enables it to run?
    Last edited by Rob H; May 8th, 2009 at 07:30 AM.
    --Rob

I am able to install the program using the 2.0.99.cab version. It installs fine and the error message only appears when I go to run the program.
    I haven't yet tried running it when touchflo isn't running as I'm not sure how to stop touchflo.

What happens if you install the cab for 2.0.19.142 from the first message in this forum? Does that run okay for you or not?
    --Rob

I had hoped to try the 2.0.13.142 but when I went to download it the link was broken. I haven't been able to find it elsewhere yet.

--Rob

Ah, I'd been trying to download to a different link.
    Thanks for that. It's installed and runs now.
    Last problem I have is that the controller interface is very small in the top left corner. Not sure if there's any screen resolution settings that need adjusting or something?
    Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast