Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Checking what the last sunrise/sunset event was

Sure thing.

Code:
    sched = scheduler.GetScheduler(10051)
    tasks = sched:GetTasks()
    table.print (tasks)
    oh, and to get the names of the scheduled events I put an "s" on GetScheduler.
    I also found that I could get the name of the last sunrise/sunset event with
    Code:
    local lastevent = SunriseSunset:GetLastEvent()
    but again, no time for that event; only the name.
    Last edited by quixote; June 5th, 2009 at 05:17 PM.
    Beware of the robot.

Ah, I guess it won't work then

Sorry to have misled you.

I'll keep investigating then.

However, the modification to the component should help.
    --Rob

ok, well thanks for taking the time to look into that anyway. Too bad John isn't around anymore or we could ask him to modify the scheduler to have a configuration page and a few extra options / visible variables.
    Beware of the robot.

There is sort of a config page, but you can't change anything, just view the times. It's under Schedule/Time..|Daylight on the SunriseSunset tab.

I'll take a look at the code for that
    --Rob

I've used the scheduler quite a bit and it's very good (with a couple of hicups in the past). I had asked John to implement the new features that he added (timer randomizer and weekday/weekend day designation). Personally, I find these features indispensable.

By a config page, I mean an additional tab that would allow users to do just as you showed me through modifying the lua file, but on a seperate tab instead, along with any other settings we can think of.

An additional feature that I can think of off the top of my head would be another table in the sceduler variable table that would show each scheduled event (including sunrise and sunset events) with a variable under each of those which could easily be compared to other times. We could then use those variables instead of ambient light in a conditional for various tasks.
    Beware of the robot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12