Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weather Subscription - why not use free web site?

The Sunrise and Sunset times are not included in the weather component, are they? I'm assuming that there are mathematic equations that could be used to calculate the times.
    (I really, really hope so, anyway!)

Personally, I plan on building my own weather station and have been planning it for a while. The coverage that the current provider has is quite bad for your Canadian customers, and due to this short-fall I stopped paying attention to it a long time ago. I understand that it has nothing to do with Promixis, however.

It would be nice if there was a way to change the weather component to allow a selection of your sources for the data, whether that's using your subscription data, an RSS feed or your own (one-wire) sensors.

Just my 2 cents.
    Beware of the robot.

This thread had some great arguments, but no answers to the following:

1) Where can I find instructions on how to plug other weather data into the device manager?

2) Does anyone have any modern(Girder 5) scripts to share that use a relatively stable weather platform(like the Yahoo XML feed, etc).

All that was missing from this thread was an actual "how to get free weather" Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123