Thread: `DeviceManager' not found

Default `DeviceManager' not found

Please HELP!!!!!!!! Over last night, Girder lost communication with my Elk M1 security panel (via ElkM1EZ8 plugin) so I restarted my computer after rebooting the Elk M1XEP network interface (which has solved this problem in the past, so I don't think this is the problem. I only mention it for completeness). After restarting my computer, I get the following errors in the Interactive Lua Console:
    Code:
    LOG: Component Manager : 5  -  Error running component file (1) C:\Program Files\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\components\CustomWeather.lua 
    ...ram Files\Promixis\Girder5\\luascript\compat-5.1.lua:169: module `DeviceManager' not found
    stack traceback:
        [C]: in function `error'
        ...ram Files\Promixis\Girder5\\luascript\compat-5.1.lua:169: in function <...ram Files\Promixis\Girder5\\luascript\compat-5.1.lua:160>
        ...ram Files\Promixis\Girder5\\luascript\compat-5.1.lua:191: in function `require'
        ...\luascript\DeviceManager/Providers/CustomWeather.lua:11: in function `init'
        ...ram Files\Promixis\Girder5\\luascript\compat-5.1.lua:195: in function `require'
        ...mixis\Girder5\luascript\components\CustomWeather.lua:52: in main chunk
        [C]: in function `xpcall'
        ...iles\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\ComponentManager.lua:543: in function `ReadComponentFile'
        ...iles\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\ComponentManager.lua:490: in function `LoadComponents'
        ...iles\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\ComponentManager.lua:221: in function `Initialize'
        ...iles\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\ComponentManager.lua:817: in function `init'
        ...ram Files\Promixis\Girder5\\luascript\compat-5.1.lua:195: in function `require'
        ...gram Files\Promixis\Girder5\\luascript\Additions.lua:791: in main chunk
    LOG: Component Manager : 5  -  Error running component file (1) C:\Program Files\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\components\GlobalCache.lua 
    ...ram Files\Promixis\Girder5\\luascript\compat-5.1.lua:169: module `DeviceManager' not found
    stack traceback:
        ...ram Files\Promixis\Girder5\\luascript\compat-5.1.lua:169: in function <...ram Files\Promixis\Girder5\\luascript\compat-5.1.lua:160>
        ...ram Files\Promixis\Girder5\\luascript\compat-5.1.lua:191: in function `require'
        ...r5\luascript\DeviceManager/Providers/GlobalCache.lua:7: in function `init'
        ...romixis\Girder5\luascript\components\GlobalCache.lua:44: in main chunk
        ...iles\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\ComponentManager.lua:543: in function `ReadComponentFile'
        ...iles\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\ComponentManager.lua:490: in function `LoadComponents'
        ...iles\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\ComponentManager.lua:221: in function `Initialize'
    LOG: Component Manager : 5  -  Error running component file (1) C:\Program Files\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\components\RSS.lua 
    stack traceback:
        ...is\Girder5\luascript\DeviceManager/Providers/RSS.lua:13: in function `init'
        ... Files\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\components\RSS.lua:62: in main chunk
    LOG: Component Manager : 5  -  Error running component file (1) C:\Program Files\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\components\SunClock.lua 
    stack traceback:
        ...rder5\luascript\DeviceManager/Providers/SunClock.lua:8: in function `init'
        ...s\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\components\SunClock.lua:32: in main chunk
    There are more errors but they all look alike and say module `DeviceManager' not found. When I go into the Component Manager, all my Enabled Components are gone and I can't enable any of the installed components (I was looking to see if there was a setting to enable DM).

I did a System Restore on this Win-XP SP3 machine to a week earlier when I KNOW everything was working. Guess what? Same errors when Girder starts! BTW, Girder is v5.0.9(build 543).

I'm totally dumbfounded... Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions?

Default Update...

I reinstalled Girder and that solved the problem. I still don't know what happened nor why Windows System Restore didn't fix it.

Well it is one reason I use TrueImage to create a full backup of my systems.
    John

Now Playing skin creator

Girder 5.0 / Elk-M1EZ8 / Ocelot / SECU-16IR /SECU-16I / SECU-16 / BobCat Humidity
    JRMC 11.1 / M-Audio Delta 410 / Xitel HIFI Pro / Xitel HIFI Link
    NetRemote 2.0 / 6 Zone whole house audio delivering 1580 watts RMS total
    ELO 15" Touchscreen, Nokia 770 and Advent 3500PC Mobile PC 7" TS
    Droid 2 Global

Click here to visit my Nowplaying Showcase Blog

I can't think of a good explanation of this. It may be that the configuration file for DeviceManager was corrupted though I guess which might have stopped it from loading successfully.
    --Rob

Ya Rob, it's weard. I went into C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Promixis\Girder\5 and compared config files to a backup and looked in the Logs for errors (clues) but nothing seemed to help. Then it dawned on me that "of course there's nothing there, I just did a system restore". So I never bothered to look in the C:\Program Files\Promixis\Girder5 for corrupt files. Where does DM live anyway?

John- You're right (of course)... Backup, Backup, Backup. I too use TrueImage but I had a bad year (2008) with four hard drive failures among three 24/7 computers so I now backup to a bare 1TB drive I drop into a SATA / USB cradle. That way my backup drive is not energized and wearing out. Unfortunately, that one manual operation of dropping the HD into the cradle is enough for me to fall behind on my backups.

I seem to recall doing some MS updates without restarting my system. Since I rarely shut G5 down and since some Lua stuff loads to memory at startup, I wonder if DM got corrupted before my last system restore point. Seems plausible. Yes, let's blame it on M$

Well, there's DeviceManager.cfg, LocalDeviceManger.cfg and Local Devices.cfg all in the Girder config folder.
    --Rob