Thread: Any way to save what is in the x10 device manager for backup purposes?

Default Any way to save what is in the x10 device manager for backup purposes?

Any way to save what is in the x10 device manager for backup purposes?

Can it be restored?

Thx

Anyone? Thx

Not sure where this is held in Girder 4 to be honest.

In Girder 5 this would be held in the config folder - the location of which depends on your operating system. Try searching for x10.cfg on your disk though.
    --Rob

The only files containing "x10" I could find are

x10-remotes.dll
    x10 UI.lua
    x10.xml
    x10remotes.xml

none of them have been modified recently therefore I doubt they contain any config info.

I guess it's not possible to backup the x10 config on v4?

If I upgrade to V5, any way to preserve the x10 data or do I have to start from scratch?

Thx

That seems odd - unless it was stored in the registry in G4?

Are you sure your search didn't exclude any folders? You need to search the whole disk, not just the Girder folder.
    --Rob

I searched the whole computer but couldn't find any relevant file.
    It's not that critical anyways, I'm just too lazy to retype everything when i'll upgrade.

While you're there, do you have any knowledge of the CM15A plugin?
    I had no luck getting help on my "level" problem:

http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20259

I did some trial and error tests but even if I see some data come up on the log, I couldn't get any valid results. The older style x10 devices will go from 100% then dim but require only ONE (DIM) command to do so. Without access to preset dims, newer "soft start" devices require THREE (ON,DIM to 0,BRIGHT) steps to achieve the same thing and a much longer delay.

Based on some research i did on google, the interface does support preset dim functions (http://www.eclipsehomeauto.com/cm15a_on_linux/cm15a.pdf) but my guts tells me Girder's plugin doesn't respond correctly. Hopefully I'm wrong. Do you know who developed the plugin maybe I could get some help there?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated