Thread: Slider to snap to touched position possible?

Default Slider to snap to touched position possible?

Hi,

Hope I can explain this well enough. I was just wondering it anyone had thoughts on possibility to snap a slider button to a position touched on the slider background?

The only reason I ask is the Clipsal C-Bus default sliders on their touch screens offer this function and it's incredibly handy to jump quickly to values on a slider rather than dragging the sometime fiddly small slider button up/down to the position. It would basically mean the slider button just 'snaps' to the touched position on the slider scale and offers some forgiveness when dragging (as not really dragging the button, but rather the button is snapping to the last touched location and sending that value - even if dragging to that spot).

Any thoughts/comments and coding suggestions (if this is in fact possible) appreciated.

Cheers

Now there's a coincidence, I was thinking just the same thing last night!

I'll need to think about this, but I suspect it will need to be done in the plugin.
    --Rob

Just a simple case of great minds thinking alike Rob hehe

Good to hear you are after something similar. As mentioned, it works incredibly well on the Clipsal touch panels and it would be great to get the same functionality in NR.

Cheers

This sounds very handy .... anything ever come of it?

Will be in the next build - I've been working on the new build system the last few days, which has been a bit of a nightmare, but I'm making progress.
    --Rob

Awesome news Rob!

I was actually just thinking about this again today and what a nice feature it would be. It's incredibly handy on the c-bus touch screens and makes sliders so much more user-friendly.

Cheers

Did this build see the light of day?
    John

Now Playing skin creator

Girder 5.0 / Elk-M1EZ8 / Ocelot / SECU-16IR /SECU-16I / SECU-16 / BobCat Humidity
    JRMC 11.1 / M-Audio Delta 410 / Xitel HIFI Pro / Xitel HIFI Link
    NetRemote 2.0 / 6 Zone whole house audio delivering 1580 watts RMS total
    ELO 15" Touchscreen, Nokia 770 and Advent 3500PC Mobile PC 7" TS
    Droid 2 Global

Click here to visit my Nowplaying Showcase Blog

Was also just thinking about this again the other day - very frustrating the small slider on a pda without this 'snap' feature.