Thread: "Standby / Hibernate" OS Action

Default "Standby / Hibernate" OS Action

I am a noob to Girder but am playing around with an MCE remote -> USB-UIRT -> Girder. Using the "Standby / Hibernate" OS Action, I can assign the MCE remote's power button to place the system in standby. This works successfully. Seeing that there is no "Resume / Wake" OS Action... how does one assign a remote button to wake the system up? The USB-UIRT has power and blinks while in standby... but I guess Girder doesn't receive remote control events while in standby?

Thanx

If I remember correctly, in the configuration dialog for the USB-UIRT plugin you can specify the wakeup behaviour. I think you can specify something like 4 different IR signals that can wake the PC.
    --Rob

@Rob H

Under Plugins -> USB-UIRT tab, I only have the following (attached). Is there someplace else to do USB-UIRT configs?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USB-UIRT_CONFIG.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	5669  

Hmm... might be in the action tree under USB-UIRT. Mine is connected to a PC that isn't normally powered up.
    --Rob

Wow, you are right... they hide more config options over there. Btw... after getting to those config options and programming the button into the USB-UIRT flash, Standby / Wake-up works great. Thanx!
    Last edited by DToolan; November 18th, 2009 at 05:10 PM.