Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NetRemoteServer.exe

Default NetRemoteServer.exe

Anyone else having a problem with NetRemoteServer.exe (the latest version of Media Bridge) not closing closing. It is not shutting down for some reason in Windows Task Manager/Processes. I disabled MediaBridge in Component manager of G5 and this seemed to resolve the problem.

David
    Last edited by davidsetton; November 27th, 2009 at 08:35 PM.

Default Still not working

Quote Originally Posted by davidsetton View Post
    Anyone else having a problem with NetRemoteServer.exe (the latest version of Media Bridge) not closing closing. It is not shutting down for some reason in Windows Task Manager/Processes. I disabled MediaBridge in Component manager of G5 and this seemed to resolve the problem.

David
    I can't seem to get media bridge to close. It hangs with NetRemoteServer.exe not shutting down. The next time that I start media bridge it does not connect to my client pocket pc. Any help would be appreciated.

Default This problem only exists with Pocket PC

Quote Originally Posted by davidsetton View Post
    I can't seem to get media bridge to close. It hangs with NetRemoteServer.exe not shutting down. The next time that I start media bridge it does not connect to my client pocket pc. Any help would be appreciated.
    This problem only exist on my pocket pc. When use my pc to run net remote and close media bridge on the same pc it closes fine and re-opens later fine also. Anyone know how to resolve this? I have tried re-starting netremote on my pocket pc - made no difference.

David

Sounds like maybe a socket isn't closing properly somewhere - I'll check out the shutdown code, make sure that there isn't a problem there.
    --Rob

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob H View Post
    Sounds like maybe a socket isn't closing properly somewhere - I'll check out the shutdown code, make sure that there isn't a problem there.
    Thanks Rob,

David

Default Any word on this

Rob:

Any word on this - it is very annoying that this issue would come up so late in the development of NR2. Even after closing Netremoteserver in task manager, I still can't get mediabridge to connect to my pocket pc client.

Regards,

David

I can't see anything odd in the Mediabridge socket code at all. It really shouldn't fail to close down even if NR2 is keeping the socket open on the Pocket PC.

Is there anything shown in the NetRemoteServer.log file?
    --Rob

Default Where do I find the Netremoteserver.log

I can't see anything odd in the Mediabridge socket code at all. It really shouldn't fail to close down even if NR2 is keeping the socket open on the Pocket PC.

Is there anything shown in the NetRemoteServer.log file?
    Where do I find the Netremoteserver.log

Oops, sorry, it's Mediabridge.log - if you don't have one in there you may need the NetRemoteServer.exe.config - unzip this to Program Files\Promixis\NetRemote Mediabridge.

It may create the log file in that same folder, or somewhere else below Documents (depending on the OS and permissions).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    --Rob

Default Have the log now but nothing is being rocorded to it

Oops, sorry, it's Mediabridge.log - if you don't have one in there you may need the NetRemoteServer.exe.config - unzip this to Program Files\Promixis\NetRemote Mediabridge.

It may create the log file in that same folder, or somewhere else below Documents (depending on the OS and permissions).
    Rob:

OK - I have mediabridge now after extracting the zip file that you attached, but nothing is being recorded to it.

I even did a clean reset on my pocket pc and reinstalled netremote to see if that would fix the problem, but no success yet.

Any help would be appreciated,

David.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast