Thread: Serial transport - receive parsing and ID'ing

Default Serial transport - receive parsing and ID'ing

i made a basic transport that works with key digtial brand switchers. im still kind of slow with the lua so i have a few questions.

problem 1: the protocol is designed to work on a serial bus with more then one device so each device gets an id. the ID functions as the CR and prefix for the send commands. right now i have it hard coded into the transport, but this limits me to only one device. how can i fill these with a variable that can be filled in later.

problem 2: parsing the received data, the switch i am working with is a 8x4 matrix. the return comes in "UU2881" each number shows the input that the output is one 2 means output 1 is showing input 2, 8 means output 2 is showing input 8 and so on. how can i get this parsed out?

i know these are pretty basic but once i have this understanding i think i can start making these things with out questions each time.

transport attached
    protocol http://www.keydigital.com/Owner%20Ma...nual_HIRES.pdf
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 28seven; December 14th, 2009 at 06:07 PM.

Can you remind me about this tomorrow - it's about time for bed so I won't be able to do this justice now.
    --Rob

haha, no problem. no rush.

i will be around the equipment in about three hours. does that work for you?

For problem 2, parsing the received data, first store the return string in a Lua variable and then read Chapter 20 here. Section 20.3 has examples of the captures you are after and Section 20.2 explains the patterns.

Sorry I don't fully understand your problem 1. Good Luck!

thanks

took me about 1/2 hour of rereading the same line but i got it. is this good/bad/terrible?

Code:
    OnReceiveData = function(self, Event)
         recv = Event:GetData()
         print(recv)
         _, _, I1, I2, I3, I4 = string.find(recv, "UU(%d)(%d)(%d)(%d)")
         print(I1, I2, I3, I4)  
         end,
    output:
    Code:
    SEND 30 32 32 38
    RECEIVE 55 55 32 38 38 31 UU2881
    UU2881
    2 8 8 1

That all looks fine to me. Although you may want to make those local variables.

Regarding part 1, you already have a method GetSettings ie

Code:
        GetSettings = function ( self )        
            return table.copy(DefaultSettings[self.TransportType])
        end,
    You should be able to do what you want by changing the copied table's Parser.Terminator value to the Id of the device you want to talk to
    Last edited by Rob H; December 16th, 2009 at 09:24 AM.
    --Rob

i see where you are going with this but i am not sure i can connect the dots.

i think that in the long run having this a full DM device is the best option. i have a full macro that i would like to run on an input switch, fade out switch fade in. at that point i could just have a drop down box in DM with 01-20 and it can be ID'ed then.

another thought would be joining the two switches in the profile, so that "input 9" (in 1 on switch 2) will automatically send the correct ID

is there a place other then the manual that can walk me through the creation of a device manager device?

I seem to remember that someone else did a plugin and provider for a matrix switch, you could maybe search for 'matrix switch' here for the thread.
    --Rob

This might help, its not DM - its the old fashioned way & a little on the clunky side but it works ok for me...

Zip file http://www.promixis.com/download.php?ID=1045
    Thread http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19114