Thread: Promixis Enterprise Automation Controller

Default Promixis Enterprise Automation Controller

Happy new year everyone. I decided to put a quick update here on what is happening in Promixis land.

Last year we have been approached by the Leonard Florence Center for Living to automate their assisted living facility for ALS and MS patients. We've taken that project on and decided to re-engineer Girder into what is now known as PEAC. PEAC is very similar in what it does compared to Girder (events, actions and the device manager) but leaves out (for now anyway) some of the local aplication control that Girder is famous for. PEAC is squarely aimed at automating external devices, with scalability and security in mind. PEAC runs on Linux and Windows and uses an advanced web based front-end.

This project is now in the stage where all the hardware has been put into the building and our software will be installed end of this month, with me being on-site for the job. This is a very exciting time for us, besides a great opportunity, actually helping the residents at this facility is a wonderful thing to be able to do. I will see if I can get some photos of the project.

The website for PEAC is www.peacpc.com

What does this mean for Girder and NetRemote? PEAC is aimed at the large scale commercial market installed by qualified professionals. Whereas Girder is aimed at the DIY home market and small scale commercial for self install. Thus both Girder and NetRemote will continue to live on, be developed and grow as before. I do envision Girder to gain functionality from PEAC and integrate into the PEAC network in the future.

We've had an interview published in the local newspaper (the Santa Babara Newspress on 13/1/2010 and a video should appear shortly on their website)

Discuss/Comments
    Ron
    No support through PM

Ron
    No support through PM

You should have added an extra word begginning with E at the end... Then in the adverts for it you could say "Do you want PEACE of mind?" as a header.

- John H
    * PROMIXIAN TO THE CORE! * (NetRemote2WholeHomePro + Girder5WholeHomePro + USB-UIRT + Touchscreens + WirelessControlSystems + ANNA) == AutomationHeaven
    - "IthinkI'mgoingtobantheuseofthespacebarinfuture..."

Very cool Ron and good to see such a nice opportunity come Promixis' way.

Did I sneak a peak at a Squeezebox unit in that video??? Is this going to be integrated soon into Girder/NR if so?

hehe

Hey Ron,

I haven't visited the site in quite a while and just cuaght the announcment and interview. Congrats--sounds like an awesome project and opportunity. You'll have to fill us in on the "neural headset"

Steve

I was shooting some video for promotional materials today and quickly threw some stuff together if you are interested you can see some doors, lights and HVAC systems being controlled by PEAC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmJP802py7w
    Ron
    No support through PM

What hardware are they using for the doors? They're a bit slow, but it would be a pretty cool feature to have in your home in certain areas.
    Beware of the robot.