Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Support thread: Universal HTPC GML

Quote Originally Posted by blubberhoofd View Post
    I'll look for the proper handle and the availability of sendmessage commands next weekend.
    haven't had time for this yet due to some other projects I've been working on.

I'll try to get some time to work on it next weekend.

Default using VLC (or other players) in full screen mode

Actually it appears that my window conditional (vlc=foreground) is not true when vlc is running in full screen mode. Does anyone know how to target a full screen window? I guess this applies to other programs too.
    P.S.: Thanks a lot for the reply blubberhoofd, but in this thread I could not find any useful information. Maybe I will try the VLC player part of your HTPC file later. Anyway it's much better than no reply Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by divemaniac2001 View Post
    Actually it appears that my window conditional (vlc=foreground) is not true when vlc is running in full screen mode. Does anyone know how to target a full screen window? I guess this applies to other programs too.
    VLC is quite unique when it comes to targeting, to illustrate here's a code snippet from the Universal HTPC GML used for VLC
    Code:
    if handle == nil then handle = win.FindWindow("qtool","vlc") 
    if handle == nil then handle = win.FindWindow("QWidget",nil)
    one line handles VLC in windowed mode the other handles VLC in fullscreen mode.
    The windowname and classname of the two modes are completely different. You have to use two window conditionals to make it work.

P.S.: Thanks a lot for the reply blubberhoofd, but in this thread I could not find any useful information. Maybe I will try the VLC player part of your HTPC file later. Anyway it's much better than no reply Thanks again
    I would advise anyone that has issues with targeting applications to use this GML, not just because it's easier to set up and maintain, but also because using code takes the hassle out of collaboration and support via a forum.
    Last edited by blubberhoofd; February 14th, 2011 at 02:37 PM.

Default File Open Dialog

Hi blubberhoofd,

thanks for the reply and, thanks for that nice GML-file. The tree looks really nice and simple It must be an awful lot of work to write that and it works really nice even with my VLC version1.05. (If i remember correctly the included VLC.gml works only for prior versions). I don't mean to criticise but have you thought about an File Open Dialogue. It is missing in all of the GML files I have tried so far, but somehow I would find it really handy or do you browse and launch your files in windows explorer? But the explorer doesn't seem to respond to the keystrokes (as expected). So how do you handle that?
    P.S.: Using code is nice for communication but if you are not an programmer (as me)
    PPS: I didn't have time to browse this topic in more detail. So if if is in here don't be mad :cry:

Hi blubberhoofd,

thanks for the reply and, thanks for that nice GML-file. The tree looks really nice and simple It must be an awful lot of work to write that and it works really nice even with my VLC version1.05.
    the only somewhat complicated part is the processing script of witch you have to realize that each target program has it's own section. Yes, it's has taken a few hours to create the code structure, but it has saved me a lot of time on setting up new Girder installs. GML maintenance and development has already been improved by forum members that help out.

(If i remember correctly the included VLC.gml works only for prior versions).
    Yes, some of the GMLs got outdated, mostly because they are a pain to maintain.

I don't mean to criticise but have you thought about an File Open Dialogue. It is missing in all of the GML files I have tried so far, but somehow I would find it really handy or do you browse and launch your files in windows explorer? But the explorer doesn't seem to respond to the keystrokes (as expected). So how do you handle that?
    for launching programs I've made a "program launcher" http://www.promixis.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=49
    for file browsing and opening I would recommend a HTPC frontend application like:
    - Meedio
    - MeediOS
    - XBMC
    - Boxee
    - MediaPortal
    - Windows MCE

P.S.: Using code is nice for communication but if you are not an programmer (as me)
    PPS: I didn't have time to browse this topic in more detail. So if if is in here don't be mad :cry:
    no worries, everyone has to start somewhere

Aaah.. so everyone also uses a frontend. Ok I set up some launching of my own for 2 - 3 programs so I will not need this any more. But thanks this clarifies why noone else had this problem.

Pardon the stupid quetion, but what does it mean when it says it "supports" Windows 7 Media Center? What do I have to do to use it with WMC, for instance to open the app, open the TV section, and look at the guide?

Update: I clicked on the Windows Media Center in the "dummy" mode, but it didn't do anything. I then assigned a remote that I'd created under "new remote" but the only key that had an effect on WMC was the Windows Media Center key. That's progress, I guess, but none of the other keys like the arrow keys or enter do anything. I've looked through the instruction manual, but it seems oriented to people who have a lot of experience working with scripts and stuff, and nothing that simply tells you how to get it working with WMC, like a recipe list or an example.
    Last edited by freewheeling; January 30th, 2012 at 10:17 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456