Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Expert

Default Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Expert

hmm.. this is the third time i'm typing out this long post ..! Hence the details keep reducing everytime..! The 1st time I had a internet DC, the second time I was stopped from posting due to inserting links in the post... Atleast I could have been given an opportunity to correct/edit the post again.. The entire contents were lost..

Anyways, trying to make this particular plugin "WFExpert 1.7" work on my card and it wont. My desperate search to use the Tv Tuner card's remote to control other applications such as VLC Player, etc ended up here...

This is on a Windows XP system and the version 4.0 of the s/w. (It does not work in the version 5) I downloaded the plugin, ran the add remote wizard successfully to map the keys. Is there anything left for me to do? With this setup, nothing happens when I try to control VLC with my remote. (The DSDrv4 is listed in my device manager too)

Thanks for the help...
    Last edited by karthik316_1999; March 27th, 2010 at 07:22 AM.

Somehow managed to get it working with VLC.. but one ket press yields the same action multiple times!

anybody any ideas?

In the help, take a look at User Interface Guide|Event Mapping Editor and see if the repeat settings help
    --Rob

Hi.. thanks for the reply.. I just checked out the Event mapping editor and my settings are just as the one displayed in the help screen.. But which one should I be concerned out.. The repeat delay or the repeat frequency limit? I tried pushing the slider to the opposite extremes of both of options but did not notice any change in the operation.. A single press of the play/pause yields a loop of commands...

Okay, let's try something else - try editing one of the events in your GML and change the Anti-repeat time to say 200ms, then try that command again.
    --Rob

Okay.. I could find the VideoLan VLC player .gml file in the C:\Program Files\Promixis\Girder5\GML directory. But how can I edit it to change the anti-repeat time, please? Try searching but could not find a way.. The gml file did open with Notepad but I could not see where the change the value.. thanks in advance...

You edit GML files within Girder - don't try using any other program to do this.

Make sure you're in Expert mode though - View|Switch to expert interface
    --Rob

That works !!!!!
    But then.. things like volume control and all that work in a haphazard manner... volume control actually brings up the recording volume control.. and channel change button brings up the volume increase control.. how do i make all this proper..?

Also, do I now have to input this 200 ms setting manually for all the actions and for all the applications?!!

It's been a very long time since I used Girder 4 - not sure I can remember where to set a global anti-repeat there.
    --Rob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast