Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driver for RFXmitter by RFXCOM released

Hybrid View

Default Driver for RFXmitter by RFXCOM released

Hi All,

Today I released the new driver I wrote for the RFXmitter by RFXCOM. Any questions or bugs can be dropped here. Its still very rough, I only own some X10 and HomeEasy stuff, hence thats the only part that got some decent testing.

Current version is 0.3

WHAT'S INCLUDED

================
    • initialization, with or without handshake
    • device version reporting
    • support for COM port connections only (see link below, check the redirector driver availability for your platform!!)
    • support for the following protocols
    • Flamingo
    • HomeEasy HE105 heater
    • ATI Remote Wonder II (remote control emulation)
    • ATI Remote Wonder Plus (remote control emulation)
    • Medion (remote control emulation)
    • PCremote (remote control emulation)
    • Robocam/Ninja
    • ARC protocol (wheel based devices by, amongst others; KlikAanKlikUit, NEXA, Proove, Domia Lite, ByeByeStandBy, ELRO AB600, Intertechno, Duwi)
    • Waveman
    • Harrison curtains
    • X10 Lighting (On, Off, All On, All Off, Dim, Bright)
    • HomeEasy (UK and EU) with automatic code (and compatible formats; KlikAanKlikUit, NEXA, etc.)
  2. WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED

====================
    • setting protocol repeat values
    • support for direct-LAN connected RFXmitter. COM port connections only (see link below, check the redirector driver availability for your platform!!)
    • support for the following protocols
    • DM10 motion sensor emulation
    • RFXsensor emulation
    • X10 security
    • DigiMax
    • Cheapertronics
    • RFXmeter emulation
    • Ikea Koppla
If support is needed for any of these, then drop your request here and I'll see what I can do.

NOTE: the devices with a LAN interface (RFXLAN) now have an xPL firmware available which can be used in Girder using the xPLGirder plugin/component, see this post.

==================
Edit 17-May-2010: Today I moved the downloads, as I'm unable to get them updated on the promixis site.
Edit 13-Sep-2010: Link to COM port redirector (free for 32 bit version, small fee for the 64 bit version)
Edit 09-Apr-2011: Update to version 0.3
Edit 07-Jun-2011: added note regarding RFXLAN with xPL.

Downloads are here: http://www.thijsschreijer.nl/blog/?page_id=211
Last edited by Tieske8; June 7th, 2011 at 03:12 PM. Reason: added xPL note for LAN devices
Using: Win7 MCE, Girder, xPL, RFXcom, HomeEasy

http://www.thijsschreijer.nl

Default Nice work!

Very nice, does it also work with the NEXA auto-learn products?

Yes, it wil also work for NEXA and Chacon auto-learn modules.

Quote Originally Posted by b_weijenberg View Post
    Yes, it wil also work for NEXA and Chacon auto-learn modules.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, will be ordering the LAN-version today

Hello, I have gotten the LAN-version in the mail today, but I am struggling a bit, I followed the instructions in the read-me file, so the plugin is installed. I have the Lan version of the rfxcom, with a reciever and transmitter. I know the IP of the device, and I have in girder settings chosen COMport 5 for the rfxcom-device. However, I am a bit stuck now.

First of all, do i need the Lantronix Comportdirector to run? It does not support my OS (wich is vista 64 bit). Hopefully, the answer is no. In girder, what do i do now? If i have a switch that the rfxcom-device can communicate with, how do i get the signal into girder, and trigger an event when the switch is pressed? In the action-window, i can create a send event action, but there are no available choices in the pulldown-menu. Sorry if theese are very stupid questions, but i am totally new to to the device, and I am not very advanced in using girder5 either.

Girder needs a COM port redirector as the plugins do not have a TCP/IP interface.

Quote Originally Posted by ATWindsor View Post
    First of all, do i need the Lantronix Comportdirector to run? It does not support my OS (wich is vista 64 bit). Hopefully, the answer is no.
    unfortunately the answer is yes, the Girder driver is a COM-port based device

Quote Originally Posted by ATWindsor
    In the action-window, i can create a send event action, but there are no available choices in the pulldown-menu.
    Can you check the variable window (you can make it visible through the view menu). First click the refresh button and then check for a table called "RFXmitter", within that table there should be a "Protocols" table. Are these available?
    If not then probably the driver was not loaded.
    The driver actually consists of 2 parts; the serial driver (which builds the "Protocols" table), and a treescript action (which uses the "Protocols" table)
    Quote Originally Posted by ATWindsor
    Sorry if theese are very stupid questions, but i am totally new to to the device, and I am not very advanced in using girder5 either.
    No problem, glad someone is using the device and can help pinpoint the bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by "Rob H" View Post
    The other possibility is a rewrite of the driver to use a transport device rather than a plain serial device. That should permit direct access to the TCP/IP connection or a serial connection.
    I have been investigating that option, but there are three issues;
    1) I only have a USB version myself, so have no test capability
    2) documentation is pretty tough. I went through some examples provided, but there seems to be no clear overview of the object model used.
    3) time.... to code it using the transport model

If I find some spare time in the coming weeks, I'll have another look at it.

Default Updated version; 0.2

Relased an updated version today. Version 0.2 contains the following fixes;
    • Fixed HomeEasy EU, UK-preset & EU-preset, bug
    • Fixed group commands HomeEasy EU & UK
    • Added experimental protocol for testing (only for specifically prepared devices!)
    • Improved verbose information on status and versions
    • Fixed bug SendRFXCommand function

The latest version can be downloaded here (please note: download location changed!)

Hi Tieske,

I have printed out the RFXmitter driver.lua

And if you look at line 66 it seems some code
    Has been commented out?

-- ReceiveTerminator = serial.hexobyte ("33"),

Haven't had chance to look on the pc yet... Bedtime reading...

Cheers

Mark
    some people learn by writing, some by reading, some by listening and some by doing?...me I'm not learning at all

Quote Originally Posted by Solosid View Post
    Hi Tieske,

I have printed out the RFXmitter driver.lua

And if you look at line 66 it seems some code
    Has been commented out?

-- ReceiveTerminator = serial.hexobyte ("33"),

Haven't had chance to look on the pc yet... Bedtime reading...

Cheers

Mark
    Its in the initialization part, the full 2 code lines are;
    Code:
        -- ReceiveTerminator = serial.hextobyte ("33"),    -- Use the handshake signals XRTS-XCTS (receiver connected)
        ReceiveTerminator = serial.hextobyte ("37"),    -- Don't use the handshake signals XRTS-XCTS (no receiver connected)
    All it does is setting the default NOT using a handshake (2nd line), if you would switch the comment to the other line, all you do is changing the default.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast