Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Driver for RFXmitter by RFXCOM released

Mark,

The sequence you use is correct.

If the HE unit has 6 remotes (programming with an RFXmitter code is seen as a remote) it does not accept more remotes.
    You can clear the HE unit by pressing and keep the program button for about 10 seconds until the LED starts blinking, release the button and press it immediately again. This will remove all remotes from the HE unit.

If you transmit a command with RFXmitter without using the handshake with the receiver you should see the transmitted packet in RFreceiver connected to the receiver on COM 11 and the red LED on the RFXmitter should blink indicating it transmits a RF signal.

Sent you an email too.

Bert

Hi Tieske,

The problem seems to have been narrowed down to the girder plugin.

I have RFXmitter controlling most of my HomeEasy stuff. (thanks goes to the support at RFXCOM)

Any ideas?

Cheers

Mark
    some people learn by writing, some by reading, some by listening and some by doing?...me I'm not learning at all

Hi Tieske,

I have printed out the RFXmitter driver.lua

And if you look at line 66 it seems some code
    Has been commented out?

-- ReceiveTerminator = serial.hexobyte ("33"),

Haven't had chance to look on the pc yet... Bedtime reading...

Cheers

Mark
    some people learn by writing, some by reading, some by listening and some by doing?...me I'm not learning at all

Quote Originally Posted by Solosid View Post
    Hi Tieske,

I have printed out the RFXmitter driver.lua

And if you look at line 66 it seems some code
    Has been commented out?

-- ReceiveTerminator = serial.hexobyte ("33"),

Haven't had chance to look on the pc yet... Bedtime reading...

Cheers

Mark
    Its in the initialization part, the full 2 code lines are;
    Code:
        -- ReceiveTerminator = serial.hextobyte ("33"),    -- Use the handshake signals XRTS-XCTS (receiver connected)
        ReceiveTerminator = serial.hextobyte ("37"),    -- Don't use the handshake signals XRTS-XCTS (no receiver connected)
    All it does is setting the default NOT using a handshake (2nd line), if you would switch the comment to the other line, all you do is changing the default.
    Using: Win7 MCE, Girder, xPL, RFXcom, HomeEasy

http://www.thijsschreijer.nl

Quote Originally Posted by Tieske8 View Post
    Mark,

I've been thinking this over and it gets harder and harder to pinpoint a cause of this error.

From what I saw in the screenshot you posted (and removed again), you have the RFXmitter program connected to COM12. And it was working, eg. you were able to turn lights on/off.

One thing not yet covered is other Girder devices. So can you run some tests;
    1) remove the RFXMitter from Girder (in the serial tab, remove it) and close Girder
    2) start RFXmitter and make sure you can switch a light on/off
    3) close rfxmitter (so it releases COM12), start Girder but don't do anything. Now start RFXmitter again and see if you can again switch a light on/off on COM12. With Girder in the background, just to make sure that some other Girder component doesn't grab COM12.
    Its important to run the sequence exactly in the order described.
    Mark,

I didn't see an explicit answer on this one; have you tried it and what are the results?

Mark,

I didn't see an explicit answer on this one; have you tried it and what are the results?
    HI Tieske,

right I have tried this just now exactly as you said.....

I can connect to COM12 when Girder is not running and switch a light on and off.

when girder is running (even with COM12 released in the serial tab) RFXmitter
    does not even show COM12 available...

cheers

Mark

Hi Tieske,

The problem seems to have been narrowed down to the girder plugin.

I have RFXmitter controlling most of my HomeEasy stuff. (thanks goes to the support at RFXCOM)

Any ideas?

Cheers

Mark
    Hi All,

Just for anybody who has found there way to this site trying to solve the problem with the RFXmitter program not controlling your HomeEasy kit....

this is how support at RFXCOM and I solved the problem...

TEST THIS SEQUENCE ON 1 RECIEVER MODULE

1. reset the reciever so it has no stored remotes in the memory.
    2. open the RFXmitter program
    3. connect to the correct com port (you should know this 'off by heart' now)
    4. click 'mode select'---- choose 'Dont use a handshake...'
    5. click on the AC tab (this is for HomeEasy Automatic Codes)
    6. choose a code (yes simply choose a code...but not 00-00-00-00)
    7. write this code down with reference to which reciever it controls
    8. press learn on the reciever (or plug in so the led flashes)
    9. press 'ON' on the RFXmitter screen

the reciever module should now be paired to the code in the AC tab of the RFXmitter program.

after this you can then pair you reciever module with the original remotes if desired.

bearing in mind to check wether your module can store 6 remotes or only 3

I hope this helps somebody in the future and a big thankyou goes to the support at RFXCOM, there product works....

cheers

Mark

Mark,

Hi Tieske,

Also if I have the RFXmitter program connected to COM12 then start Girder
    I can still control a switch with the RFXmitter program.

Cheers

Mark

when girder is running (even with COM12 released in the serial tab) RFXmitter
    does not even show COM12 available...
    The RFXmitter program only shows available COM ports. The thing with COM ports is that only 1 (part of an) application at any given time can connect to it.
    So, if you cannot connect to the COM port if Girder was started first, then Girder grabbed the COM port.

Now if you did disable the RFXmitter driver in Girder, then we're closing in on the problem as there is some other driver/utility/program or whatever in Girder that is grabbing the COM12 port, just before the RFXmitter driver can grab it.

You should thoroughly check all options and settings, both in the settings dialog as in the component manager for any kind of stuff that is configured on COM12. Just try and disable as much as you can, but reenable the RFXmitter driver and then check whats happening.

Similar to your previous post;
    Hi All,

For anybody else testing this it must be noted that you cannot have
    Girder running the Plugin and the RFreceiver or RFXmitter program running at the same time

this is quite logical after 4 hours of wondering why I had lost my COM's. (and help from RFXCOM support)

I hope this helps somebody....

Cheers

Mark

Hi Tieske,

Can i simply configure to a new virtual com port?

say port 21 and 22?

Cheers

Mark

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast