Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using Girder as an IR Remote

Default Using Girder as an IR Remote

Hi, I'd like to use Girder as an IR remote, using my USB MCE Ir transmitter to control appliances (TV, HiFi, etc.) in my living room. (I can't use NetRemote as it doesn't support my MCE blaster.) I'll be honest and say that I find the software pretty complicated and forbidding, even after careful reading of the Help pages. But I'm hoping that someone can explain in a straightforward and relatively detailed way how I can trigger IR commands from my MCE transmitter using the GUI or keyboard. All drivers for the MCE transmitter appear to be working and I can add IR remote commands using the Add Remote wizard.

Your help would be enormously appreciated.

You can use NR to build your GUI in conjunction with Girder or you can go the webserver root - there's a recent thread about that here somewhere. I'd recommend the NR route though.
    --Rob

Default Thanks

Any chance of a link to that thread? I searched and nothing obvious came up.

As I mentioned, even though I'm a relatively advanced user, I find Girder madly complicated. Perhaps you can talk through linking up NR and Girder. When I tried there were only three options for connection, and the only direct one was USB-UIRT.

Thanks.

The key thing is to have NetRemote send events to Girder to fire off the actions rather then embedding IR actions in the CCF.

The thread I was referring to is http://www.promixis.com/forums/showt...t=20529&page=3
    --Rob

Default Some Progress

Hi, I've made some progress. I've assigned actions to the NetRemote buttons using designer and it is now sending them to girder. But there is no action in the bottom left girder actions menu either for my MCE plugin or the commands I entered when I added my remote using the wizard. Do you know how I can add MCE plugin actions (as already exist for USB-UIRT) or some other way to link up the communcation coming through from NetRemote to the appropriate IR transmission from Girder?

Thanks.

I don't have an MCE blaster here so I'm afraid I have no idea how one normally sends IR signals using it - can anyone help?
    --Rob

Shouldn't the designers of the software, or even the guys who wrote the help files know?

What plugin are you using to talk to the MCE blaster?
    --Rob

I'm using an mceir plugin that I downloaded from your site. Can't find the link again, but I'll have another look if you need it. It came with three files, an inf, sys, and dll, all of which I copied into the plugins folder.

One other quick question that might help me work things out a different way. Is it possible to map the Netremote buttons to simple keyboard keystrokes?

Thanks.

You can get NR to send an event that can trigger a SendKey action in Girder
    --Rob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast