Thread: Plugin for Homeseer

Default Plugin for Homeseer

Hi,

I'm using net-remote in conjunction with HSGirder to exchange data between homeseer and netremote.
    I'm starting to have compatibility issues since HSGirder is not maintained anymore. Is there another engine I can use to exchange data between the 2?

Thanks
    Marcel

I'm not aware of one, sorry.
    --Rob

This is one reason I switched to using Girder 5 for my home automation backend. I was one of the first to use HSGirder as I worked with George and Ben to get it working together well. I was sad to see Ben leave Promixis then have George stop supporting it. I am quite happy with my setup now for Now Playing. If you have not looked at my blog on Cocoontech I would urge you to take a look.

Now Playing running on a POS computer with the ELO touchscreen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	POS-NP-2.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	218.3 KB 
ID:	5994  
    Last edited by jwilson56; May 17th, 2010 at 04:45 PM.
    John

Now Playing skin creator

Girder 5.0 / Elk-M1EZ8 / Ocelot / SECU-16IR /SECU-16I / SECU-16 / BobCat Humidity
    JRMC 11.1 / M-Audio Delta 410 / Xitel HIFI Pro / Xitel HIFI Link
    NetRemote 2.0 / 6 Zone whole house audio delivering 1580 watts RMS total
    ELO 15" Touchscreen, Nokia 770 and Advent 3500PC Mobile PC 7" TS
    Droid 2 Global

Click here to visit my Nowplaying Showcase Blog

Default hsgirder can work with Girder 5

I found a way to get hsgirder to work with Girder 5, just copy the these two DLL files from the plugin folder of Girder 3 ieventc.dll and ievents.dll in the plugin folder of Girder 5. Next, enable the Internet Event Server and Client plugin in Girder 5, click Settings and set a password (must me less than 6 characters). The last thing to do is to tell hsgirder to use remote girder even if it is local (in this case, use localhost as the IP address). Use port 1024 and set the password as the same as in the Girder plugin's settings. That's it! Now Girder 5 will receive even form Homeseer like it was with Girder 3!