Thread: Basic ASCII Send with <CR> - <CR> not working

Default Basic ASCII Send with <CR> - <CR> not working

Hi all,

Really struggling with this and I know it should be relatively easy, but have tried everything I can think of. I'm attempting to get basic serial control working with a Kramer 4x4K AV Matrix Switcher. All commands need to be sent to the unit in ASCII format. The following is an example of a command that works fine via Hyperterm:

#AV 2>1 (then followed by the Enter key in hyperterm - this is my problem in Girder)

This command switches the Output 2 to Input 1

As mentioned, it works fine in Hyperterm and I think my main issue is the ability to parse the Enter key. I can prove this by first sending the command via Girder Transport Manager, then exiting Girder and opening Hyperterm and just pressing the Enter key. This completes the command I just sent from Girder.

Is there a way I can ensure the <CR> is sent from Girder? I've tried setting the Terminator in my device (just based on SimpleSend at the moment) to <CR> without any luck. Also tried the \r option.

In Transport Send I've tried the Send in the following formats - Text (Ascii mode):

#AV 2>1
    #AV 2>1<CR>
    #AV 2>1\r
    #AV 2>1 \r
    #AV 2>1 <CR>

Obviously changed the Terminator type between \r and <CR> for the transport lua file when testing the above.

Cheers
    Last edited by yamy125; September 7th, 2010 at 11:30 PM.

Any suggestions? Sorry to bump, just a bit of a show-stopper this one.

Cheers

I wonder if # is the problem... Try \035 (or maybe \#).

I changed my mind. I bet it wants line feed carriage return.... Try \n\r (or \r\n)

Thanks for the suggestions. I just went right back through the code and based it on the Tutorial 4 Transport lua code rather than Simple Send. I had previously played with \r and <CR> etc to no avail, so still not too sure what the issue was, but definitely something to do with lf cr.

All working nicely now anyway!

It was extremely frustrating - but very happy now.

Thanks again!

What was the final syntax for the command? Did you have to add any /r /n characters at the end?