Thread: ActiveHome CM15A PowerLine events in Girder 5

Default ActiveHome CM15A PowerLine events in Girder 5

Is it possible to get x10 PowerLine and ActiveHome (macro) events from the CM15a in Girger 5? I'm using 5.0.10 with the latest version of the x10 CM15a, the only type of event I can get is from CM15A RF:xx:xx. I have enabled "All Event" in the Component Manager/Lightning/X10. This is great but I would like to also get a feedback when a scheduled macro in run by the CM15a or if a PowerLine command is sent from one on my connected module and this not seems to work...

The only way I found is to let the ActiveHome software running and add an action to my macros. The action must be run from the PC and calls event.exe to generate an event, I would greatly prefer that the CM15 hardware send a feedback, and it does because the ActiveHome software logs any activity of the CM15, why Girder can't do this? I'm sure there's a way, any hint?

Default Do not install ActiveHome software

After some testing, I found that as soon I install ActiveHome software, the PowerLine event stop coming to Girder, maybe ActiveHome software update the default driver of the CM15 or use another process that catch the event before Girder can. I am working to find why.

Big problem is that even if I desintall ActiveHome, the PowerLine event is not back in Girder, so I have to do a system restore each time for testing, this is so annoying...

For now, be aware to NOT install ActiveHome software if you want to fully use your CM15a with Girder.

Great job finding that.!!!! Added to the faq.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Install ActiveHome software
    Reboot in safe mode
    Delete the X10 folder in Program Files\Common Files
    Reboot normally
    Download and install the package attached
    (ignore Windows Service error if you get one)
    Reboot again
    VOILA Girder can now get ALL the X10 events even the one from triggered macros and timers as well as RF and PLC.
    Best of all, ActiveHome Pro software still work so you can update you CM15a hardware with new timers and macro and don't rely on any software to run it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default AHscript

I'm very interested in having my CM15A read more than the RF events, but as with anything I do on the computer safety has to come first. Jack, could you please provide detail of you script in a readable format (i.e. notepad, word etc)

Thanks and if this indeed works it would be greatly appreciated.

The script is safe, it come from a website called x10dispatcher. I can't post URL since I'm a newbie and the forum prevent adding an URL to my post. Do some research on google and you'll find this is some kind of "run time" files for scripting with ActiveHome without having the complete software installed. Installing Activehome software will copy the same files as the ahscript.exe package but maybe they are newer or locked because this is really the key for having Girder gets all the events from X10, even if you trigger something within ActiveHome or from the CM15a hardware (like a timer or something).

You may find your CM15a become lot faster running Macro after installing the scripts, I don't know why, but mine's lighting fast now, strange but very nice! Worth the try, trust me!

Default CM15A PLC Events

I followed the procedure outlined above and it worked perfectly on my XP pro system. Thanks Jack, this is a real benefit to my system.

I followed the procedure writted by Jack and my ActiveHome pro doesn't work anymore but girder works well. Do you know why? I would like too have activehome and Girder work together. Thank you

What system are you using? 32 or 64bit? For an x64 system there is a completely different procedure to get this to work. Also, I found that doing this procedure before installing Activehome pro may cause some issue, better is to install AHpro then apply the modz. And best is to NOT install AHpro at all but simply copy the folder "Activehome pro" in the Program Files folder from another pc where you have installed AHpro, the application can run stand alone without installation but the installer will break the driver modification.

Hi Jack, what would be the procedure For an x64 system? I am on windows 7 x64, here's what happens:

1- Install activehome: works fine along with girder but no powerline events in girder as expected
    2- Delete x10 folder in prog.../common/ (need to kill 2 xnet files to do so)
    3- Run modz and reboot

now girder gets powerline events but activehome doesn't work anymore and also RF events between 9-16 are not reflected in girder (on all housecodes)

4- installing generic x10 drivers (prog files/x10 hardware) restores RF events between 9-16.

however activehome, even as a standalone folder copied from another machine, crashes; not a big deal since everything else works and I don't really need it.

Just curious if there is a simpler way to do this?

Thx