Thread: SharpTV Component problem

Default SharpTV Component problem

Hi.

I'm having a problem getting the SharpTV component to work. When I add a new connection in the Component Manager I get this error in the console:

LOG: TV : 5 - OnSendError Sent 0 bytes, but expected 9 bytes
    SharpTVProvider: Got Connecting value Opening connection
    LOG: Device Manager : 5 - Provider: Sharp.TV Unsupported property Connecting
    SharpTVProvider: Got Error value Connecting
    LOG: Device Manager : 5 - Provider: Sharp.TV Unsupported property Error
    SharpTVProvider: Got ConnectionFailed value Open failed with error: -1
    LOG: Device Manager : 5 - Provider: Sharp.TV Unsupported property ConnectionFailed
    SharpTVProvider: Got Error value ConnectionFailed
    LOG: Device Manager : 5 - Provider: Sharp.TV Unsupported property Error

As per the remarks in the SharptTV.lua:
    --[[

SharpTV class

To add a new supported model make a copy of classes\SharpTV\Prototypes\XL2E.lua and adjust it to suit the model,
    and also edit classes\SharpTV\Models.lua and add a require call for the prototype

--]]

I've created a new Prototype file (only name changes as the commands appear to be the same for my model TV,) but I can't find a classes\SharpTV\Models.lua in my install. Could that be my problem? A while back I created a transport that communicated to the TV so I know the connections are OK, but I had an OS crash and I lost my transport so I'd like to get proper DeviceManager support working.

Thanks,
    MR

my TV manual is in this thread if needed for refference http://www.promixis.com/forums/showt...ighlight=sharp

Any thoughts on this?