Thread: New MCE Remote driver and plugin for Girder 5

Default New MCE Remote driver and plugin for Girder 5

Hello,

I have developed new MCE Remote ("eHome Infrared Receiver") driver and Girder5-compatible plugin for it, intended to replace old MCEIR.dll made by Bruno Fleurette. The plugin itself is based on Bruno Fleurette's code, which I adapted to work with new driver and built against new Girder5 SDK. New driver uses WinUSB to interact with the device and contains no kernel-mode code (essentially, it's an INF file which installs Microsoft WinUSB as the driver for the device).

The driver was tested under Windows 7 and is also compatible with Windows XP and Vista.

Plugin supports IR reception only at the moment, no IR blasting yet.

Installation procedure remains the same as with old MCEIR.dll:

1. Using Windows Device Manager, replace "eHome Infrared Receiver" with the new driver. It should display "MCE IR2 Remote" as the device name.
    2. Copy MCEIR2.dll to Girder plugins folder.
    3. See if it works for you.

I made this largely for myself because I have crappy MCE remote which works poorly even with native Microsoft drivers and Windows Media Center; I have tried several variations of Bruno Fleurette's replacement driver and plugin and none of them worked for me. I would be happy if this work would prove useful for anyone else.

The driver and plugin are attached to this post.

(Download size is 5.6 Mb, this is because Microsoft WinUSB driver is included as part of the download, as per Microsoft recommendations for user-mode USB drivers).
    Attached Files Attached Files

working ok with HP, Dell and MCE original remote, all 3 are copy of mce remotes.
    But you know that Girder has a new driver for MCE? Its called OpenMceIr.( http://code.google.com/p/openmceirse...downloads/list).

It is included in the latest girder 5.

Anyway, thk for your great work

Quote Originally Posted by reeven View Post
    But you know that Girder has a new driver for MCE? Its called OpenMceIr.
    Hi Reeven!

I tried to use it, as you could see in the original thread, but there is no way (for me) to make it work an no one answers me for a help on the ussue I found (the IR Profile remains in a loading status...).

Now I'm in this thread looking for an alternative solution...
    Best Regards! Leo!

Quote Originally Posted by reeven View Post
    But you know that Girder has a new driver for MCE? Its called OpenMceIr.
    OpenMceIr didn't work for me either; it may be related to Windows 7 or maybe just because of my specific remote (Compro Videomate K200 - that's what it says on the box), which claims to be MCE compatible but turns out it's not that simple.

I'm going to try OpenMceIr with WinUSB driver and see if it works for me.