Thread: roblems setting volume for JRMC zones

Default Problems setting volume for JRMC zones using MP.Volume

Hi,

It's been a LONG time since I've posted because things have just been working which is always nice.

BUT I have now added some new zones to my JRMC system and I can't control the volume of these zones.

My main zone's volume is controlled on the AMP, but with the new zones I need to use a slider and MP.Volume, which just isn't working.

I can select a zone and play a track, pause, skip etc OK.

All the zones are set to "Internal Volume" in MC and my slider in netremote has two actions assigned;
    Slider Thumb Component (MP.Volume,0,0,100,0,0)
    Register variable for feedback (MP.Volume;Send)

I also have the following in the ccf lua code;
    Code:
    local oldOnCCFLoad = OnCCFLoad

function OnCCFLoad()
       NetRemote.RegisterVariableWatch([[htpc1\Meridian500\Processor\Volume]],NetRemote.GetPlugin('Girder'))
       NetRemote.RegisterVariableWatch("MP.Volume", NetRemote.GetPlugin('MediaBridge'))
       handle = RegisterPanelWatch('*', 'Library', RP_SetMediaBridgeLibrary)
      NetRemote.RegisterVariableWatch('Power.BatteryLifePercent',OnBatteryChanged);
       NetRemote.RegisterVariableWatch('Power.AC',OnBatteryChanged);
       NetRemote.GetNetwork().SetWirelessPower(true);
    if oldOnCCFLoad then
         oldOnCCFLoad()
    end
    end
    But changing the volume in Netremote doesn't change the zone volume and changing it in JRMC doesn't change it in Netremote.

I've also noticed that the {MP.TrackPosition} is only updating for my main zone (Zone 0) and not the other zones as well, but {MP.TrackLength} and {MP.Artist} etc are updating correctly for all zones.

Running JRMC V15 and mediabridge 2.2.0.93 and my ccf is based on the new-pro_480x64.ccf that comes with Netremote.

What am I doing wrong please?????

Thanks
    Richard
    Last edited by rpalmer68; January 21st, 2011 at 12:56 AM.

I have done a bit more testing;

I created a new zone on another audio output on my server, so now I have;
    Lounge - HDMI output on local PC
    Lounge 2 - SPDIF output on local OC
    Front Garden - Remote DLNA renderer (Which appears as a Zone in MC)

With netremote I can control the volume for Lounge and Lounge 2 but NOT Front Garden.

I also noticed that the track position information gets sent to netemote for Lounge and Lounge2 but not Front Garden.

So it seems that MC/Mediabridge are handling DLNA zones a little diffrently to local zones for some reason.

Now I just need to work out why and how to get it working.....

Richard
    Last edited by rpalmer68; January 21st, 2011 at 06:56 AM.

I really need to resolve this, is there some way I can find out what command is sent to JRMC when I set the volume via mediabridge please?

Or is there some documentation of the JRMC plugin somewhere?

Thanks
    Richard

I'll download JRMC 15 on Sunday and see if I can replicate from my side. I believe the JRiver folks document their interface, but I doubt you want to drill down to the socket level -- hopefully there's an easier fix! I'll let you know what I find.

Best,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tmorten View Post
    I'll download JRMC 15 on Sunday and see if I can replicate from my side. I believe the JRiver folks document their interface, but I doubt you want to drill down to the socket level -- hopefully there's an easier fix! I'll let you know what I find.

Best,
    Tim
    Thanks Tim, I really appreciate it.

The issue is with DLNA renderers running as zones under MC.

Since you probably don't have a physical one lying around you will need to create one.

The easiest way is to run Windows 7 MediaPlayer and under "Stream" tick the option to "Allow control of my player".

Then in MC, under Tools/Options/Media Network enable DLNA Server and DLNA Controller, save the settinsg and the close and reopen MC.

After a little while your WMP should appear as a zone in MC that you can stream music to, just like any other local zone. (I'm not sure but WMP may need to be on a different PC to the one running MC for this to work)

Now you will have two zones, your main sound card in your PC and the WMP one.

Now with Netremote you will be able to change the volume of the main zone but not the WMP one, but you can if you slide the slider manually in the MC interface. You'll also notiv that th track positon counter doesn't work for the DLNA zone but does for the local zone and also the play/pause button doesn't toggle state like it does for the local zone.

There is another small thing, but I'll PM you that as I'd prefer not to discuss that in a public forum at this stage.

Many thanks
    Richrard
    Last edited by rpalmer68; January 22nd, 2011 at 04:26 AM.

Thanks; I sent you a follow-up via PM. I suspect the "small thing" may be at the heart of the matter, but hopefully the JRiver folks can shed some light.

Best,
    Tim

For anybody interesed the JRMC SDK has now been updated (in the latest versions of Mediacenter) to support DLNA devices running as zones, this means remote dlna zones now work correctly with Mediabridge/Netremote.

Thanks TIm for you help with this.

Richard

Thanks for coordinating with the JRMC folks - that's a really exciting feature, and I'm glad that it's controllable through NetRemote!