Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Modern NR client

I'm very hopeful that NR doesn't disappear on us. I'm with those that say there's nothing better and nothing else like it. I've just started a new project to redo some screens with a 'metro' look and it's a snap in NR. My '13 wish list would be a version of NR that runs on the MS Surface RT...

Quote Originally Posted by kwaugh View Post
    My '13 wish list would be a version of NR that runs on the MS Surface RT...
    So you're the guy who actually bought one!
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

Not yet, but I have a friend that works for MS, so I think I can get one for the employee price, which would make it too good to pass up. I'm loving win 8 on my dell convertible. As much as I like iOS and android, and can switch to building my UIs via web pages, nothing beats NR for me! Especially with access to LUA...

He-he, I was satirical because of the rather lacklustre sales figures, but if you like Win 8, then good for you. I figure the way things are going now, I'll probably be on Win 7 as long as I was on Win XP, which was until Win 7 SP1 came out! I tried Win 8 for a week, and I must say that if I had tried any longer, I would probably have put my Norwegian viking axe through the monitor! I hated it as much as I hate iOS. Maybe that's why you like them both, that there is something in Windows 8 that's "inspired" by iOS? Android is OK for a tablet or a very large phone (I'm considering Note III when that comes out, if there's a working NetRemote solution by then), but for a regular size phone I like Windows Mobile 6.5 better. I may be able to live with a Windows Phone 8, like I mentioned I have been looking at those, but I don't know that yet.
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678