16:07:07.736 power=1
    16:07:07.736 }
    fixed it.

Code:
    15:04:11.439 Received announce request for specific IDs
    15:04:11.454    Now announcing ID 2223
    15:04:11.454 ERROR: handling xPL message;
    15:04:11.454 resulted in the following exception:
    15:04:11.454 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    15:04:11.454    at UPnP2xPL.Proxy._xPLDevice_xPLMessageReceived(xPLDevice xpldev, xPLEventArgs e)
    fixed it.

Code:
    15:36:12.168 Received value update for service 'urn:upnp-org:serviceId:AVTransport' from device 'Office' (xPL: tieske-upnp.server)New value is of type 'LastChange' with the following xml;
    15:36:13.137 ERROR: Handling UPnP update resulted in the following exception;
    15:36:13.137 xPL.xPLFragmentedMsg+FragmentationException: Cannot fragment; key/value pair at position 5 is too large for a single message.
    fixed it.

from 'tversity server : TVersity Media Server' and 'DIRECTV Mediashare Renderer'
    Code:
    10:11:51.062 Received value update for service 'urn:upnp-org:serviceId:RenderingControl' from device 'DIRECTV Mediashare Renderer' (xPL: tieske-upnp.server)New value is of type 'LastChange' with the following xml;
    10:11:51.062 
    10:11:51.078 ERROR: Handling UPnP update resulted in the following exception;
    10:11:51.078 System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
    Appears as if the device is reporting an empty value instead of an xml snippet. Can't fix this right away, but added the UPnP debug window to the gateway, that might give some details on this one. Either click the debug button to show it, or use the commandline /debug option to show it from the start.

Other updates (xPLGirder, not the UPnP handler);
    - debug info when sending messages (trying to fix the issue of not being able to connect)
    - added several events (for the xPLGirder component) so events can now be handled from Lua (not for messagehandler events, just the component)
    - better tracking xPL devices becoming available

Need to package and upload still, will do shortly...
    Using: Win7 MCE, Girder, xPL, RFXcom, HomeEasy

http://www.thijsschreijer.nl

hope to give it a try tonight. will report back.

i was planning on looking at adding handler events so that i could build a component that would add upnp devices into the G device manager.

Just uploaded the new versions, requires both the new xPLGirder component as well as the new gateway.

Please try and let me know...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    i was planning on looking at adding handler events so that i could build a component that would add upnp devices into the G device manager.
    That would be a great enhancement. But then we need to look at the structure. I haven't added the events to the handlers yet because it would mean having to update each handler. Modifying the structure to a base class which can be subclassed to implement an additional handler came to mind.
    But then came the question whether each handler should be a component too...

any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Tieske8 View Post
    That would be a great enhancement. But then we need to look at the structure. I haven't added the events to the handlers yet because it would mean having to update each handler. Modifying the structure to a base class which can be subclassed to implement an additional handler came to mind.
    But then came the question whether each handler should be a component too...

any thoughts?
    i am not sure we need to implement each handler as a component. we could do them as subcomponents which i have done in the insteon component. they would need a common base class - the modifications to your code would be pretty easy. i might mock something up and see what you think.

Did some work on the UPnP stack, hopefully that will deal with the issues of bad behaving devices (like the Grace Digital tuner and the Vera) not showing. Will post an update when the stack is updated.

great. i have built a new component based on your code, moving everything under the component manager. this will allow export upnp devices into the girder device manager. will email you to review and get feedback.

This is getting very interesting!
    It's like a storm is brewing... I can't understand why there hasn't been more interest in this. Maybe people just don't understand how much this will enhance Girder?
    My Vera2 crapped out on me, and even if it didn't I'm not sure how useful it could be for testing since they never properly complied to the UPnP protocol to begin with. In any case, I'm really looking forward to trying this out with any new media equipment I buy in the future. I'll definitely be looking for the UPnP symbol on the feature lists when making my purchases.
    Thanks to everyone involved in this for keeping Girder fun and increasingly useful!
    Beware of the robot.

Hi guys,
    Just wondering if there have been any new developments in this project. How is it progressing?
    Thanks!
    Beware of the robot.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415