Thread: NR3 and custom VNC server?

Default NR3 and custom VNC server?

I read in an old thread about a planned NR 3 with a custom VNC server, so it could run on just about everything. Has that been shelved, or is it still on some time?

If not I'd be very happy if the Girder HTML5 (or was it HTML4?) designer could happen soon, since I'd love to design pages with Girder's webserver, but I'm totally useless with stuff like that if I can't use a designer. I can make a lot of fun stuff with the NR Designer, which is why I love it so much.
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

Look at SPLASTOP app for RDP if you are using and IPOD, IPAD, IPHONE. Its a great app for what your trying to do. It works a lot better then VNC and the nice thing is when in use it doesn't kill your pc screen.

Integrated VNC is still something that we're looking at, but there are some challenging integration issues to be solved.

Best,
    Tim

mgp732, I'm sure you mean well, so thanks! But I wouldn't be seen dead with anything with a half eaten fruit on it!

Tim, understandable. But that means that there is still an NR 3 in the works?
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

Assuming the integration challenges can be solved, VNC is something envisioned for a future release of NetRemote... I'm not sure whether it would garner a point-release or a full version.

Best,
    Tim

I would not personally have a problem paying for an upgrade for NR3 if it did have the ability to work via VNC with Android and iPhones. Just my opinion.
    John

Now Playing skin creator

Girder 5.0 / Elk-M1EZ8 / Ocelot / SECU-16IR /SECU-16I / SECU-16 / BobCat Humidity
    JRMC 11.1 / M-Audio Delta 410 / Xitel HIFI Pro / Xitel HIFI Link
    NetRemote 2.0 / 6 Zone whole house audio delivering 1580 watts RMS total
    ELO 15" Touchscreen, Nokia 770 and Advent 3500PC Mobile PC 7" TS
    Droid 2 Global

Click here to visit my Nowplaying Showcase Blog

JUST FYI, SPLASTOP does work on some Android clients

I use this one on my Droid 2

http://www.xtralogic.com/rdpclient.shtml
    John

Now Playing skin creator

Girder 5.0 / Elk-M1EZ8 / Ocelot / SECU-16IR /SECU-16I / SECU-16 / BobCat Humidity
    JRMC 11.1 / M-Audio Delta 410 / Xitel HIFI Pro / Xitel HIFI Link
    NetRemote 2.0 / 6 Zone whole house audio delivering 1580 watts RMS total
    ELO 15" Touchscreen, Nokia 770 and Advent 3500PC Mobile PC 7" TS
    Droid 2 Global

Click here to visit my Nowplaying Showcase Blog