Thread: Understanding Licencing

Default Understanding Licencing

I hope that someone can chime in and explain the differences in licensing for NetRemote.

I plan to install the software on only 1 Windows PC for design and control, but would like to access the web pages from different computers and iPhone (if I am not mistaken can be done with a plugin that Ron wrote). This can add up to 5 or 6 devices to connect to the pages.

So can I do this with the Standard version or do I need the WHP version.

Thanks

I'm not familiar with the "plug-in" you are referring to but I'm guessing you are talking about the html editor they are working on. If so you really don't need NR at all, you need girder... NR is the front end solution for PC's and PDAs. Girder already provides the webservices for the iPhone access. Too bad you don't have a real phone... lol. A member here is building a native app for Android that is VERY promising! Still uses girder on the back end but is a very nice front end solution for the lack of a NR native client.

Never the less, you simply need to buy girder. IMO, even if you wanted to use NR on the PC it would be too time consuming to develop a NR and Web interface...

Thanks for your reply,

I should have explaine a little more. I do own Girder ... a much older version. I am still running 3.3 and looking to upgrade at some point.
    One of my main goal is to have access to some sort of a TV Guide with the ability to click on an entry to change channel.
    For some reason, I thought that the ability to have a TV Guide was associated with Net Remote but now I see that there is a Plugin for Girdder.

So if I understand correctly, I can do everything that I need with only Girder?
    And Girder has a webserver correct?
    How about screen design? I would have to code the layout in HTML?

Sorry about all the questions, it's been a while since I've visited and it looks like things have changed alot.

Bernie

Girder 3.3 is pretty old and before creating anything moving forward I would upgrade. Honestly, from a NR perspective not much has changed other then small updates. One of my gripes with Promixis at the current time is the lack of native apps for smartphone. There solution is to go web based and in the long run with HTML with and an app that makes web pages look like native apps it may work fine but it seems like development for an HTML editor is VERY slow, and as I understand it this does not support HTML5. There are some examples on the forums and a base Iphone config already in the girder httpd directory to get you started. I know my future is Android so the Andre (native Android) app is perfect and not HTML BS... Good luck!