Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "s" continuously printed in Lua console?

Question "s" continuously printed in Lua console?

Hoping someone can help me to find the cause of this "anomaly"... every 10 seconds or so I see a lower-case letter "s" printed out on a new line in the lua console. I have poured through my GML files and scripts that I have written and I cannot find anywhere where I may have put this into my code (possibly in an effort to test some sort of function). To be honest, I really don't think this is from anything I've done...

Is there any way to trace where the output in the lua console is coming from so I can figure out what is causing this? It doesn't seem to be affecting any of my Girder functionality but it is really annoying and I would like to make it stop!

Thanks!

that could be hard....

try searching for print ('s') or print('s') or print ("s") or print("s")

many different combinations.....

Thanks Mike. I did a search and it is definitely not a "print" command that is causing this. In fact, I've gone line-by-line through every piece of code I've written (it's not a whole lot) as well as every entry in all of my GML files and I cannot find anything that would cause such an output on the console.

I also tried disabling every single component in the component manager, and i don't have any schedules running in the scheduler that could be tied to causing a loop like this either.

Can you or anyone else thing of anything else in Girder that a) could cause a command to be repeated in an infinite loop, or b) either set or print the value of a variable or even more simply output something to the console that is internal to Girder itself?

Would there be a corresponding log file that matches the lua console output that might provide more detail? Is there any debugging state that I can set which might provide more related output to the console that might shed more light on where this is coming from?

it could be anywhere in a lua file. which components are you using?

I'm not running any components on this particular Girder instance. It is just serving an HTPC and all it does is:
    a) Monitor an event sink from Windows MCE over TCP
    b) send serial commands to my receiver based on those events
    c) fire events to another PC running Girder which controls all of my lighting

you need to do a search on all lua files in the G directories using the various prints above or even search for "s" or 's'

I had the same problem at one point. It may still be present, but I have not been using Girder lately so I can't be certain.
    I'll try to find some time to check on that so that I can confirm that the bug is not isolated on your machine.
    Beware of the robot.

Thanks very much, please do let me know what you find... I was 99% sure that I never used a print statement to output that letter even for testing so your comment now makes me 99.9% certain this is the case...

Just wondering, what version of Girder are you using?
    Also, are you sure that you are not using any plug-ins?
    Thanks.
    Beware of the robot.

I'm using 5.0.14 build 551.

There are several plugins that are currently enabled (pretty much all of the ones that are enabled are the ones which are enabled by default). The only plugin that I am actually using though is the generic serial plugin so girder can talk to my receiver. Everything else I do on this instance of Girder is just trigger events to another Girder instance on another PC which controls my lighting, etc. I'm also not using any components and do not have any components enabled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast