Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "s" continuously printed in Lua console?

You may want to try updating to the latest version of Girder and see if that resolves the problem. I haven't seen the mysterious "s" in my logger since I replied to your post, but I'm using a later version than you are.
    Beware of the robot.

Ok thanks for your help.

Well, I re-installed everything from scratch and also re-built my GMLs from scratch too. I re-installed using the same version of Girder I was using before.

Through this process I discovered that the cause of the mysterious "s" is due to the MCE IR Remote driver/plugin which I enabled to capture keypresses on my MCE remote! Nothing to do with any of my GMLs or luascript - as soon as I installed this driver and rebooted, it started showing up in the console. Not sure why the driver/plugin outputs this letter to the console or if it indicates any sort of issue but everything seems to work fine - I just can't stop this output from showing up on the console.

Oh well. If anyone out there knows what this means and how it relates to the MCE IR driver, I'd be happy to know!

I had the same problem.
    I traced it down the OpenMCEIRService transport too.
    The culprit file creating those "s" outputs in the Lua console is "mceIr.lua" which resides in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Girder5\luascript\transport\devices\"

I don't know if it's possible to comment out the output without effecting the funcitonality of it
    Any pointers?

"mceIr.lua" can be found here: hXXp://code.google.com/p/openmceirservice/source/browse/Girder/mceIr.lua

Good spotting, you can safely remove that "s" printing.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Yes, confirmed that changing the following solves this annoying problem...

Find:

OnConnectionCheck = function (self)
    self:_GetStatus ()
    end,

and change it to:

OnConnectionCheck = function (self)
    --self:_GetStatus ()
    end,
    Last edited by capler; August 31st, 2012 at 05:35 PM. Reason: formatting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12