Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tellstick

Default Tellstick

Are there any plans of supporting the Tellstick products this time around? These are readily available around here, but to use them in my home automation I have to use EventGhost in conjunction with Girder. (Thanks to Mastiff for this tip) But that is kind of an akward workaround as I would rather have everything organized in Girder.

Best regards

Interesting. This is much like the http://www.promixis.com/forums/showt...Rfxtrx-support stuff.

Unfortunately this stuff is not available for US consumption. I had a quick look at the SDK which I could expose in Lua without too much trouble. However the SDK comes in source form and is quite tailored to Linux. A quick attempt at compiling gave me missing library errors. I will contact telldus and ask for advise.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Thank you so much! I had no idea this wasn't US-friendly, but as it is 433,92 MHz only I should have guessed. Awesome if this could be available. And yes, it has become more like the rfxcom stuff as they now have a tranceiver capable of communicating with i.e. Oregon weather stations and such.

Getting regular hardware FCC approved is expensive. Getting an "Intentional Emitter" past FCC (and CE) is very expensive. Hence they probably didn't get the FCC part done (yet?).

Either way I've sent an email.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Hello again, Ron!

I don't know if you've had any response from Telldus concerning this, but there is a custom firmware which code is hosted in a git repository at Telldus. It includes includes all the protocols supported by TellStick Net version 3 and TellStick Duo version 5.

By now I have invested quite a bit in the Telldus (Tellstick) and Nexa products, but I am at a turning point as to how I'm going to proceed with my home automation.

I can use Girder in conjunction with EventGhost to control my Tellstick automation, but I think this is "sub-ideal" and would like to use only Girder for everything.

Therefore I'm considering the euro-version of Insteon, but that is as of now hard to get by here in Norway in stark contrast to the 433.92MHz (ISM band) frequency products I can buy "anywhere" and at least in many local stores. It's also quite a bit cheaper!

I can send you the Telldus link if you wish, since i can't post it yet.

I think they sent me the SDK when I contacted them. The biggest problem I have is that working purely from SDK without anything to test against is a rather tricky task. I'm just pulling the SDK now, I might be able to expose their SDK to Lua. Then finish this collaborative with you guys.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Alright, I just did that. I've implemented their SDK

Since I do not have the hardware I cannot test if this works. So consider this pre-release.

http://promixis.com/g6/GirderSetup_x86_6.0.0.84.exe

First lets try this

Code:
    require('telldus')
    td = telldus.new()
    local cnt = td:getNumberOfDevices()
    print(cnt)
    for i=0,cnt-1 do
    local deviceId = td:getDeviceId(i)
    print(i, td:getName(deviceId) )
    end
    Ron
    No support through PM

Wow! That's a quick respons!

I'm not terribly good at Lua (I know nothing, actually), but here is what I did: I made a New Macro, added a Scripting action to it and then copy-paste your code into the Edit window. I then clicked Apply and Test. The Lua Console returned the following:

Code:
    ti aug 19 20:13:35 2014	startup running...
    ti aug 19 20:13:35 2014	rootStartup running...
    ti aug 19 20:13:45 2014	3
    ti aug 19 20:13:45 2014	0	Gruppe - Soverom
    ti aug 19 20:13:45 2014	1	08 - Soverom - Leselys - Rune
    ti aug 19 20:13:45 2014	2	07 - Soverom - Leselys - Marit
    This is exactly what I have set up in the TelldusCenter software for testing. (One group with two devices.)

Nice!

Sweet!! Can't believe that worked first time out

Code:
    if not td then
        require('telldus')
        td = telldus.new()
    end

local cnt = td:getNumberOfDevices()
    print(cnt)
    for i=0,cnt-1 do
        local deviceId = td:getDeviceId(i)
        print(i, deviceId, td:getName(deviceId), deviceId )
    end
    This should now show the device ids.

Once you have one of those you could try turning on and off:

Code:
    td:turnOn( XXX )
    replace XXX with a deviceId that we saw in that list.

Possible commands: turnOn, turnOff, bell, dim(deviceId, level), execute, up, down, stop, learn, methods
    Ron
    No support through PM

Finally back from work to test some more!

The second code you provided gave me this result:

Code:
    on aug 20 01:27:59 2014	4
    on aug 20 01:27:59 2014	0	2	Group 01 - Bedroom	2
    on aug 20 01:27:59 2014	1	3	08 - Bedroom - Reading Light - Rune	3
    on aug 20 01:27:59 2014	2	4	07 - Bedroom - Reading Light - Marit	4
    on aug 20 01:27:59 2014	3	5	10 - Girder 6 Test	5
    (Added another device to not wake my sleeping wife which I guess would be devastating to the WAF!)

Then came the moment of truth: Would it actually do anything? Well, low and behold, it DID!!! This is absolutely awesome! I tested turnOn, turnOff and learn which all worked great. I'll try the dim function tomorrow as the once I have is connected to the bedroom lights. I don't have a (door) bell to test this on and I'm not sure what the rest of this do?

All in all surprisingly well functioning, Ron!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast