Thread: Mac OS X

Default Mac OS X

Is Girder 6 going to be supported under OS X? Any Betas? I would really love to put this on my mac mini server.

Speaking about support for other systems... Will the WHP license include also versions for other systems than Windows? I'm really considering buying the WHP when versions for ie Raspberry Pi are included without extra costs.

That is the plan. The Girder 6 rewrite has been done from ground up with cross platform development in mind. Some of the functionality is windows specific. Like keyboard injection and window handling. That stuff will have to be redeveloped or dropped from ports depending on the features the targets offer.

Currently the queue for porting is as follows (this is not written in stone and order can change):

Linux - good progress made, internally have Girder running on Linux Arm and X86.
    Android - NetRemote front-end only, waiting for Qt 5.2 for full Android support.
    iOS - NetRemote front-end only, waiting for Qt 5.2 for full iOS support.
    OS X

OS X is at the bottom because we simply don't have any Mac hardware.

Licensing: We haven't really decided but I'm leaning towards allowing a license to go on any build of Girder 6. So WHP might allow running the OSX, Linux and Windows version in a non-commercial home setting.
    Ron
    No support through PM

That's great. Will you have apple script support under Mac OS X.

We don't even have a Mac yet,... I couldn't tell you
    Ron
    No support through PM