Thread: Girder 6 back end (Core) on Synology NAS

Lightbulb Girder 6 back end (Core) on Synology NAS

I just discover the new G6 and the fact that the GUI may be separated from the processing core is a very good thing.
    As Girder may be cross compiles to Linux, it opens very exciting way to use Girder.

I use a Synology DS412+ NAS server that is based on Intel Atom D2700 Dualcore 2.13GHz x86 Processor 64-bit with 1GB of RAM

My ideal setup is when Girder will run on my Synology (To remove my dedicated Girder Windows Server and to have UPS, database, web server, backup on the same box)

Installation can be packaged as describe here or here (Full PDF documentation).

I'm not a Linux expert but I will be happy to help this project to be able to run Girder Core on Synology NAS.

Romain

Awesome keep your eye on the forum for the release of the Linux version. This will be at least a month from now. We want to get Z-Wave and Girder 6 final out first.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Same here.. I also would like to run Girder on my Synology NAS instead of on a Windows server as I do now..
    Good to see Girder6 can be run as a service..

If I can help make this possible, happy to put some time in to this!

Thanks..

Once Girder 6 goes gold I'll have time to prepare builds for Linux.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Hi. New to Girder and own a Synology. Has anyone successfully installed Girder on Synology? Would love any tips you have rather than reinventing this wheel. Thanks!