Thread: Lua IEVENT question

Question Lua IEVENT question

Please excuse my crosspost - I posted this in the Girder 3.3 forum, but since it's so out-of-the-way and there's no Lua-specific forum, I've reposted here:

I'm still using Girder 3.3. I use Veralite - a Lua-based home automation server. I'd like to have Veralite send Internet Event (ievent) messages to Girder.

Can someone point me to a Lua example for sending TO Girder?

Girder 3... is ... well really old, like 10 years old so forgive my foggy memory on the various options.

does ievent exist for Girder 3?

If so just use it. Execute ievent.exe without commandline parameters to get it's usage.

Also check the manual that comes with Girder 3 I'm sure it somewhere says how to trigger an even externally.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Girder 3... is ... well really old, like 10 years old so forgive my foggy memory on the various options.

does ievent exist for Girder 3?

If so just use it. Execute ievent.exe without commandline parameters to get it's usage.

Also check the manual that comes with Girder 3 I'm sure it somewhere says how to trigger an even externally.
    Yup. I understand how old it is.

I need code that I can execute in Lua - probably luasocket or similar. Not a command-line program. I found perl code, but I can't find Lua.

Thanks!

Sorry I do not know the veralite environment at all.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Sorry I do not know the veralite environment at all.
    I don't need anything Veralite-specific. I just need the Lua call that'll generate an ievent in Girder.