Thread: Ikea Trådfri

Default Ikea Trådfri

Ikea has recentely released a new series of smart lighting products called Trådfri. The devices currently include light bulbs/panels, remote controls and a motion sensor, but more are promised to be available in the near future. The product line is Zigbee based but also include a cheap gateway product that will let you control everything from an app or other external devices.

Any hope of getting support for this gateway into Girder? I see that other home automation products like Home-Assistant already have decoded the gateway protocol and implemented support for it.

Jupiter, FL

Looks like they reverse engineered the protocol yes. Ikea states that they will publish the API

How much interest is there in this?
    No support through PM

Can't speak for others, but I just bought a bunch of these lights. They're cheap and they work extremely well.

As far as I understand the gateway speak COAP (, and the protocol seems fairly straighforward to implement:

I also see that there is a python class available, which I guess I could use to hack something together in order to control my lights from Girder: